Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Well no it isn't the best ground in the country, but is still rated highly by most away and neutral fans. There are so many identkit stadiums and Villa's setting and design makes it unique, even if stands come and go.

I agree with every word of this, it was the "the consensus choice for top ground in English football" I took issue with :) 

18 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

• If the club continues to grow, there are plans to knock down the Witton Lane and make Villa Park a 60k stadium

A packed out 60k VP will be a thing of beauty, but finally there's a good opportunity to rename WL. The Ron Saunders stand, please.

• Like 2

Awesome. Like the look of ‘The Warehouse’ very much like a box park set up. The stand and the hospitality within are the most important parts to get done asap I’d say. Thanks for the pics!

Edited by villan-scott

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I actually think that looks better than the original proposed Villa Live building. 

I agree. It’s a beautiful 1920s building, and once spruced up will look classy. Big fan. 

The new bar will be on the corner between the North Stand and Trinity Road, and have capacity for about 500. The new shop will be the Witton Lane corner. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

So is the walkthrough from the Academy building to VP still happening?

In advance of any new news from today, my assumption would be - no if we don't get Euro 28; probably yes if we do.

It's all linked with the redevelopment of Witton Station, which this evening was mentioned to be government financed upon the award on Euro 28.

Access directly from both station platforms and the academy to the new North Stand, via a 2 minute walk along Station Road away from the longer walk and traffic of Witton Road, makes so much sense.

Presumably you’ll only be able to go into this new bar if your sat in North stand? Or possibly Trinity too? 

Part of the attraction of Villa Live thing was you could go there before and after the game like at the rugby or other PL teams. 

Hope they come back to it, no idea what the problems involved were but seems like an opportunity missed. 

55 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Just spoke to one of our guys who went. Headlines are:

• Work will begin the Monday after the Foo Fighters gig
  • It will take two years, and they’ll only allow fans in when fully complete, they won’t open the lower tier early, for example 
  • Planning permission is expected to be given in October/November
  • Witton Station is dependent on us winning the Euros, however the money will come from the government rather than the local council
  • If the club continues to grow, there are plans to knock down the Witton Lane and make Villa Park a 60k stadium
  • When they arrived at the club, they did look in to building a new ground elsewhere (in and around Bham), or ‘doing a Tottenham’, but that would’ve cost £1.5bn

Think that was everything. This was all second hand, so any follow up questions I mightn’t be able to answer!

I got sent some photos, but even one screenshot exceeded the size limit, so can’t attach them. 

Thank you!

Do you know who presented the plans from the club?

31 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

The new bar will be on the corner between the North Stand and Trinity Road, and have capacity for about 500. The new shop will be the Witton Lane corner. 

It's a great place for a shop - albeit you might need to push your way through the away fans on match day to get in.

8 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Presumably you’ll only be able to go into this new bar if your sat in North stand? Or possibly Trinity too? 

Part of the attraction of Villa Live thing was you could go there before and after the game like at the rugby or other PL teams. 

I would expect that the 'warehouse' would be open before and after and with either general entry or a small entry fee - that's the one that'll replace the Villa Live with for that.

The Bar in the corner of the North/Trinity has GA+ (like the Holte Terrace) written all over it,, but I'd hope they'd have some decency on pricing for the 'warehouse' bit at least - something more akin to the Holte Suite.

It looks like a great place to be on matchday and the perfect place to gather to watch an away game for a small entry fee.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Hope they come back to it, no idea what the problems involved were but seems like an opportunity missed. 

Don’t know about the new bar in between the stands, but the Villa Live thing looks like it would be replicated in the warehouse bit.

Looks good, more in keeping with the surroundings than the previous proposed building which it could be argued had a new leisure centre look about it (though that would be a somewhat harsh criticism I could see where they were coming from).

Less corporate looking. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, villaglint said:

They likened it to the Holte Suite. I don’t know if that’s only open to Holte End season tickets/match day tickets or not to be honest. 

24 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Thank you!

Do you know who presented the plans from the club?

There was a tour guide there who showed people around the warehouse and the new academy, and in the warehouse there were specific experts who could answer questions.

There was a finance manager there on behalf of Chris Heck, and there was also the project manager of the development there. I’m not sure whether it would be appropriate to share his name, but he’s on Villa’s LinkedIn, and if you do enough sleuthing you can see that he was listed as being at a similar fan consultation event a year ago. He’s got extensive experience in this by all accounts, and was heavily involved in the Qatar World Cup. He still has connections, and said that it’s 95% that we will win the Euros bid. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, villa82 said:

The work will start after the 27th of june then, 6 weeks after our last home game. Is A concert worth it?

If it’s going to take 2 years then 6 weeks doesn’t really matter that much. 

11 minutes ago, villa82 said:

The work will start after the 27th of june then, 6 weeks after our last home game. Is A concert worth it?

Presumably it brings more money than 3 home games would..?

Unless they think they'll still complete it within the gap between end of 24/25 season and start of the next whether they start it straight away or not. 

Edit: i'n sure they said that it would take a year under the previous plans, don't think it would change now.

I said 2 years if we were planning to do what someone proposed about us knocking down it all and building from scratch.

Edited by MrBlack

Â