Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

27 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I didnt think anyone liked the trinity as it is now.

The stand to watch football is fine the facilities are fine it's just the outside needs to be red brick like The Holte.

Witton Lane is cramped and needs way more seats to take us up to the magical 60k

• Like 1

1 minute ago, S-Platt said:

The stand to watch football is fine the facilities are fine it's just the outside needs to be red brick like The Holte.

Witton Lane is cramped and needs way more seats to take us up to the magical 60k

Let's fill 50k first, then we can worry about 60. Witton stand is pretty cramped, been in it a few times and it wasn't great.

3 hours ago, S-Platt said:

They just need to remove the cladding panels and replace them with brick slips

Don't think it'll happen though

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Not heard anything about it to be honest but it'll be a national tier 1, langs, Buckingham etc even the guys who did bmh (definitely not their bag) and I think the guys doing the inner city academy won't touch this, too big for regional contractors 

a kid started at my place last week from the contractor who built the commonwealth games stadium might ask him if they've heard anything 

I have close ties to one likely candidate so I have fingers crossed but I've heard nothing so think it's probably not them 😔

8 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Witton Lane is going to be the let down after this would be great if they could make that similar to Trinity.

I was saying that earlier when discussing the above video.  That's the stand that stands out after this development. 

7 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I saw they’re doing safe standing in Holte next year, so will that increase the overall capacity of VP? 

It won't. The UK government will only allow rail seating at a one-to-one ratio - so you can only sell the same number of tickets as you would for regular seating.

In Germany that's a 1 to 1.8 ratio and there are hopes it'll change in the future here, but at the moment, rail seating won't change capacity.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It won't. The UK government will only allow rail seating at a one-to-one ratio - so you can only sell the same number of tickets as you would for regular seating.

In Germany that's a 1 to 1.8 ratio and there are hopes it'll change in the future here, but at the moment, rail seating won't change capacity.

Ah cool, thank you. I did some Googling but couldn’t find out much about it. I sort of get it, but I would expect that to be relaxed over time as people grow more confident with it.

• Like 1

Is someone able to confirm the phases of development for me? The first phase takes us to 50k capacity… is there a desire to go beyond this over the next phases? I just saw a vid on the Bramley Moore dock development, and couldn’t help but be a little bit jealous of Everton’s capacity increasing go 52,888! 

2 hours ago, Tayls said:

Is someone able to confirm the phases of development for me? The first phase takes us to 50k capacity… is there a desire to go beyond this over the next phases? I just saw a vid on the Bramley Moore dock development, and couldn’t help but be a little bit jealous of Everton’s capacity increasing go 52,888! 

https://www.avfc.co.uk/villa-park/villa-park-future/north-and-trinity-stands/

Stadium capacity  

Our ambition for Villa Park is to achieve seated capacity close to 60,000, making it one of the largest stadiums in the Premier League, but this will take time through the phases of our redevelopment.  

The new North Stand and upgrades to Trinity Stand will see our current seated capacity increase to over 50,000 seats, with the changes adding approximately 7,400 additional seats.  

I can't see any expansion on Witton Lane for a long time - you'd need to be in a position to buy a good chunk of the housing stock behind the existing stand, which means the political will to do it, the public support and a whole host of money - and that's before you start spending on a stand. I think we'l replace the North Stand, do all of the various projects around that, add more hospitality all over the ground and spend a couple of years at 50,000 to see how it goes.

If the club wants to do it, and that's a reasonable sized if, I reckon it'll be 2030 at least before it gets started.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I can't see any expansion on Witton Lane for a long time - you'd need to be in a position to buy a good chunk of the housing stock behind the existing stand, which means the political will to do it, the public support and a whole host of money - and that's before you start spending on a stand. I think we'l replace the North Stand, do all of the various projects around that, add more hospitality all over the ground and spend a couple of years at 50,000 to see how it goes.

If the club wants to do it, and that's a reasonable sized if, I reckon it'll be 2030 at least before it gets started.

I think the political will would be there.  It's very old, poor quality housing stock. 

Council will be under pressure to look at Net Zero. 

If Edens were smart (which he is) one of his investment funds could buy the whole block and with the proximity of Witton Station build something high quality like in Perry Barr, that development looks ACE. 

Edited by sidcow

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

I think the political will would be there.  It's very old, poor quality housing stock. 

Council will be under pressure to look at Net Zero. 

If Edens were smart (which he is) one of his investment funds could buy the whole block and with the proximity of Witton Station build something high quality like in Perry Barr, that development looks ACE. 

The money in football now is enough to open most legs up. Years ago when they built the DE they had a height restriction due to the housing.  If they had the same problem now they would probably just go out and buy up the street.

11 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The money in football now is enough to open most legs up. Years ago when they built the DE they had a height restriction due to the housing.  If they had the same problem now they would probably just go out and buy up the street.

To be fair, they just bought up the street when they did the current DE.  No reason they couldn't do it again but with higher density housing to replace it they could actually create space for the stand and actually turn a profit. 

When you look at what they've done at Perry Barr they could easily do something similar here.  The Station is the key. 

• Like 1

Â