Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Not if we end up signing Suarez!

But could he do it on a wet Wednesday night at Burton?

13 minutes ago, av1 said:

As i said over in the speculation thread, 'working on a Striker and a fullback' would have sufficed. The use use of the word "world class" is invited abuse. 

Cant you just leave Dr T alone.....he is a 'grown up man'!

ffs....he owns the club, he has a twitter acount, he is a 39 year old man, he has 'freedom of speech' just like we all do.  Just let him  say what the **** he wants.  He is like a breath of fresh air.  If he makes mistakes, he can learn from them just like all of us, in the 'real world  'have to!

Just wish certain people would stop the 'witch hunt' against him!  If you dont like what he tweets, then you do know you have a choice, dont you?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Brilliant.  I know a few people have questioned the use of "world class" in the above statement.  But to me this reads as meaning that the striker they are working on is our marquee signing - THE player that the team will be built around and THE player that RDM and Tony think will get us promoted and then performing in the Premiership.  I don't think he would have used the words "world class" unless the management team are telling him that this is the missing piece of the puzzle.  In other words we should be excited about this one.  If we are picking up a good international then that counts for me - maybe someone who has "been there and done it" or maybe someone younger with huge potential.  Either way I think we're being primed to be excited - I just hope that people don't say "oh well it's not Neymar so they aren't really world class".  I could be underwhelmed but something about the deals we've done so far and the way that they have been announced / negotiated makes me think that these guys know what they are doing and aren't using the term lightly.  It might just be a bit of "spin" to hopefully persuade said player that we really, really, really want him to sign - but I reckon this is more a message to the fans.  I'm taking "world class" with a bit of salt but am still expecting this to be a massive coup for a club in our position.  Good luck Tony! 

• Like 3

PS - I had been sure that Ross was our big signing this season - so the fact that the new striker looks like being the deal has me incredibly excited.  I'm like a kid waiting for Christmas.  Just hope I'm getting that super-duper new bike I told my dad about and not a sweater with one arm longer than the other that has been knitted by my gran!!! 

3 minutes ago, westholmevillan said:

Cant you just leave Dr T alone.....he is a 'grown up man'!

ffs....he owns the club, he has a twitter acount, he is a 39 year old man, he has 'freedom of speech' just like we all do.  Just let him  say what the **** he wants.  He is like a breath of fresh air.  If he makes mistakes, he can learn from them just like all of us, in the 'real world  'have to!

Just wish certain people would stop the 'witch hunt' against him!  If you dont like what he tweets, then you do know you have a choice, dont you?

Can't i leave Tony alone? What is that meant to mean? I don't use twitter and don't particularly care what he writes. My only concern is that his naivety is going to invite trolls. Hardly a bloody witch hunt on my part is it?

How do you know he is being naïve?  At the moment we don't know whether the new striker will or will not be world class.  So it seems a bit early to be worrying about whether he will be pursued by trolls.  I suspect that "world class" may be a slight stretch but I don't think this guy is stupid either and so think that he believes we should be very excited about this signing.  More so than just "we are trying to sign a striker".  Maybe he would have been better off saying "an exciting striker" but I'm convinced that the backroom team have told him that this player is the one that is going to bring everything together.  I have my fingers and toes crossed that by the end of the week we'll all be creaming our pants when the player's signing is confirmed!!! :-) 

PS - I love the fact that he seems to be so excited about everything - makes me think that he's going to make it work.  Possible that he might get carried away sometimes - but I'd rather that than hear nothing and have everything released to us in a dull. monotone! :-)

• Like 1

Reivax_Villa - I think you are right in terms of it being an over-statement.  But I am hoping that it does mean that this is our marquee signing and that we are all going to be excited.  Anyone know who plays No.9 for China?

Just now, westholmevillan said:

Lets leave it there mate!  Hope I didnt offend in any way....because I truly didnt mean to.

None taken :thumb:

Could the Doctor be talking about Roberto Soldado? He is currently at Villarreal. Whether the term "World Class" is a bit OTT but maybe the Doctor has that view of him. It also fits in with the "Real no.9" tweet too. 

7 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Could the Doctor be talking about Roberto Soldado? He is currently at Villarreal. Whether the term "World Class" is a bit OTT but maybe the Doctor has that view of him. It also fits in with the "Real no.9" tweet too. 

I hope not, one of the worst strikers I have ever seen. 

Edited by AndyM3000

Â