Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

4 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I know it's nostalgic but I fondly remember the days when league tables weren't even printed/looked at until the third or fourth game was done.

I don't remember that, but it's right.. League tables first few weeks are pointless 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, useless said:

The Recon Group own us, but XIa owns the Recon Group. Although I notice he only puts ' Chairman and CEO of RECON Group ' on his twitter.

So is the Recon Group owned to 100% by Xia? Still, if it is the Recon Group that owns Aston Villa, the official homepage shouldn't say that Xia is "Owner and Chairman" should it?

I'm not in to some conspiracy theory here :-) just interested in knowing if it is the person Xia or his company that owns us. For example, say that someone buys the majority shares of the Recon Group (if it's some kind of Ltd company) then that person/company would actually control Aston Villa and not Xia right. Likewise if there would be some kind of forced restructure.

3 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

So is the Recon Group owned to 100% by Xia? Still, if it is the Recon Group that owns Aston Villa, the official homepage shouldn't say that Xia is "Owner and Chairman" should it?

I'm not in to some conspiracy theory here :-) just interested in knowing if it is the person Xia or his company that owns us. For example, say that someone buys the majority shares of the Recon Group (if it's some kind of Ltd company) then that person/company would actually control Aston Villa and not Xia right. Likewise if there would be some kind of forced restructure.

Samuelson owns all of it, and has a master plan to destroy villa whilst destroying his own investment. He is that mental. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Maybe it shouldn't say that, but by the same theory Randy Lerner never directly owned Aston Villa. 

It's not as simple as what you suggest. If he wanted he could sell shares in the Recon Group and separate out Aston Villa from that group and retain 100% ownership, which as far as I am aware is actually owned by Recon Sports Group Ltd and is at the current time it's only asset. 

He is far more likely to sell individual assets from within the group should he ever wish to make a quick buck. He has history with that, hence the £500m he has set aside for Aston Villa from the sale of another of his businesses. 

By the way, it's worth pointing out at this stage that I believe 100% that he is legit. That his portfolio is as he describes it to be. It might be Chinese money, but they're not impenetrable. We'd know by now if he was dodge. IMO.

I have a business. It has a name that isn't my name. It owns three vans. I feel comfortable saying that I own those vans. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

2 minutes ago, snowychap said:

You shouldn't as you don't.

The wasn't the point I was making and you know it. 

I own the company that owns those vans. Seriously, I do. No joke.

I suppose he should change it to "Owner of Recon Group who own Aston Villa and Chairman of Aston Villa". But it doesn't really scan. 

• Like 1

Â