Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

3 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Perhaps this thread should remain about the Villa's current owner rather than about Richard?

I made a single counter post to unrelenting unsubstantiated negativity, which multiple posters expanded upon, including yourself just now. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I made a single counter post to unrelenting unsubstantiated negativity, which multiple posters expanded upon, including yourself just now. 

I suggest that the thread would most benefit from you continuing to post your opinion of the club's current owner and his performance and from other people posting their opinion(s) without anyone being accused of mounting any sort of campaign.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 1

Just now, snowychap said:

I suggest that the thread would most benefit from you continuing to post your opinion of the club's current owner and his performance and from other people doing the same without anyone being accused of mounting any sort of campaign.

Great, there's a hang up on the term 'campaign' - mea culpa. Let's forget that term, let's refer to the continuous repeated message that Tony is not very good - I ask why anyone thinks this - what do you think?

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Does anyone think there is somebody behind Xia? 

what if Ricard is the real owner?

If Ricard is the real owner then we're sure to Perknow* the answer in the end. ;)

*I know it's Pernod.

Edited by snowychap

Thing is, if we suggest to Tony X that there's someone behind him, he'll probably say "Oh no, there isn't". 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Great, there's a hang up on the term 'campaign' - mea culpa. Let's forget that term, let's refer to the continuous repeated message that Tony is not very good - I ask why anyone thinks this - what do you think?

I don't know whether he's good or bad. I'll wait and see what transpires.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

let's refer to the continuous repeated message that Tony is not very good - I ask why anyone thinks this - what do you think?

* Sigh *
OK, I'll leave it at this.
I don't think anyone thinks 'Tony is not very good'. As a sceptic, read my post from the previous page. And @Deisler123 excellent post afterwards which does a brilliant job of summing it all up. I think your interpretation of some posts made here are, sadly, incorrect.

Goodnight all. Let's have another decent signing tomorrow. That'd be nice.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Thing is, if we suggest to Tony X that there's someone behind him, he'll probably say "Oh no, there isn't". 

It's really Holloway isn't it ? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Richard said:

It's really Holloway isn't it ? 

That would be..hilarious! Kind of like finding out Coke and Pepsi are the same company.

he needs to stop his petty feud with Holloway for a start, he isnt a 12 year old (I hope he isnt) and needs get the **** off Twitter. only caused more problems than its worth

if wants interact with fans he should do a weekly blog or something on website 

• Like 3

I don't really get this too early to judge. Of course we can't make a complete judgement, that could take years. Look at Lerner, peoples opinion on him as an owner changed drastically. 

It's clear though that at the moment his actions are backing up the comments he's made. The manager being appointed, the coaching staff put together and the players bought and sold are all major positives. 

He hasn't given a single reason to doubt his intentions or his plans for the club. The ridiculous list Richard posted not long back just showed how pathetic the concerns over this guy are and I'm sorry, to be that concerned in the face of zero evidence shows a very negative attitude.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, useless said:

Tony's looking to expand his LHG business in India. Just at the investigative stage at the moment.

That is Xia's main aim for buying Villa. Tony is basically a chancer who, although has  enough money to fund the day to day running of a football club, doesn't presently have enough to achieve his lofty ambitions.

He is using the club to increase his  own profile, credibility and contacts to further his business interests.  The Indian academies are a perfect example.  Get  his foot in the door with politicians then cross sell his urban regeneration and health food businesses to them.  In the long run this will be beneficial to both parties as he will get richer and in turn (hopefully) invest more in us.  

• Like 1

Just now, Made In Aston said:

That is Xia's main aim for buying Villa. Tony is basically a chancer who, although has  enough money to fund the day to day running of a football club, doesn't presently have enough to achieve his lofty ambitions.

But breaks the championship transfer record on August 4th 2016. 

• Like 2

Â