Weekends football 7/8 May

andykeenan

Nigel Kennedy is awesome.  Have you heard his rendition of *Four Seasons*?  It's incredible. 

Anyway, I didn't come here to post about Nige, I came to mention that John Terry got sent off today and as it's his second red card of the season he'll get a two game ban and miss Chelsea's final two games of the season and the final two games he's contracted to Chelsea for.  Unless someone pulls some strings somewhere his final action in a Chelsea shirt will have been getting sent off in a defeat away at Sunderland. 

• Like 1

Everton looked dismal today. For their own sake Martinez needs to be axed.

Stones played like he had his shoe laces tied together. They may regret turning down that huge offer from Chelsea

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Sunderland are jammy bastards

Made the correct managerial change at the right time. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Is it luck if you keep succeeding in staying up? 

No. Nor is it luck that they hired a proven PL manager to keep them in the league this season. It's good management. In contrast, we chose a likeable but ultimately inexperienced bloke from the French league and got relegated. 

• Like 1

He did little at Fulham. Not saying he hasn't become a very good midfielder these days but how long can we wait for youth players to do anything?

Anyway Spurs being Spurs I see. But they were going to win their last 4 games with their eyes closed I was told...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Superb goal three from Steve Davis. Remember when we sold him off to Fulham 'cos he wasn't good enough for the mighty Villa? emoji45.png

He'd walk into our team now but when we sold him, he wasn't good enough for us. That was back when we had a good team!

But Oneill was picking Isiah Osbourne ahead of him. We spent an awful lot of money on squad players that didn't play. He could have played a part I think. He was very good for Olearly. Guess face didnt fit with Oneill like many others.

Edited by PaulC

22 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Nigel Kennedy is awesome.  Have you heard his rendition of *Four Seasons*?  It's incredible. 

Anyway, I didn't come here to post about Nige, I came to mention that John Terry got sent off today and as it's his second red card of the season he'll get a two game ban and miss Chelsea's final two games of the season and the final two games he's contracted to Chelsea for.  Unless someone pulls some strings somewhere his final action in a Chelsea shirt will have been getting sent off in a defeat away at Sunderland. 

I thought this when watching MOTD, but then when nobody mentioned it I assumed he'd signed a 1 year extension at some point that I'd managed to not hear about.

It would be a shame if it hadn't happened to a monumental bellend.

If I had to guess I'd say that Chelsea will appeal against one of his yellows, he'll get it rescinded and be able to play against Leicester next week.   If it were a club with less clout than Chelsea or a player without the ego of John Terry and the ban would probably stand.  

I thought you couldn't appeal yellow cards, and subsequently a red card as a result of two yellow cards?

Or did that rule change?

Edited by Stevo985

Had put this in the Burton Albion thread but congratulations to Burton and on a personal note, a welcome addition to the Championship!  There will be some good Midlands derbies next season for sure.  Just need Walsall to do it now. 

I know it would be funny if Man City do not make the Champions League but as Utd are set to benefit I can't help but want them to qualify!  Useless bastards!

Â