Weekends football 7/8 May

andykeenan

First time in my life i would be routing for united. Just to shake some things up over past couple years. And for the greater good of united not becomming dominate in england as it means they will probably keep LVG.

Just me who wants wilshire to walk into england first 11? No idea what it means for vardy position.  Might have to shove him out wide which seems meh

While Wilshire is no doubt a fine player when fit, he's barely played this season and think it would be unfair on the other players if he walked straight back in the starting 11

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, penguin said:

Probably just you, as your a closet Arsenal fan ;)

0 logic in that but ok. wouldnt i be wanting walcott in the team? 

and who gives a fk about if someone in your team plays in international? do people actually do that? you would prefer player X just because they played for aston villa over player  Y even if theyre worse?

Edited by gharperr

1 hour ago, gharperr said:

First time in my life i would be routing for united. Just to shake some things up over past couple years. And for the greater good of united not becomming dominate in england as it means they will probably keep LVG.

Just me who wants wilshire to walk into england first 11? No idea what it means for vardy position.  Might have to shove him out wide which seems meh

He played in a diamond before which would mean you can have 2 up front

1 hour ago, gharperr said:

Just me who wants wilshire to walk into england first 11? 

Pretty much.

At his best I think he's a very good player. But in this, what seems now to be perpetual, spell of being in and out of fitness, he's totally ordinary.

It would be a travesty if he got in the Euro squad, and an even bigger one if he walked straight into the team.

4 hours ago, gharperr said:

First time in my life i would be routing for united.

Rooting. ;)   (If you are going to use an Americanism then at least spell it correctly!)

You did get me thinking with that comment though, it's so rare I want those words removed to win that I questioned whether I'd done it at any point in my life.  Then I realised I did on 22nd January 2011.  And 28 December 2010.  And 9th January 2009.  And 16th August 2008.  And 1st Jan 2008.   

7 hours ago, Xela said:

He'd walk into our team now but when we sold him, he wasn't good enough for us. That was back when we had a good team!

we had a midfield options of Petrov, Barry, Reo-Coker, Gardner, Salifou and Osbourne at the time. he was more than better than at least 4 of them

7 hours ago, gharperr said:

0 logic in that but ok. wouldnt i be wanting walcott in the team? 

and who gives a fk about if someone in your team plays in international? do people actually do that? you would prefer player X just because they played for aston villa over player  Y even if theyre worse?

I wondered whether the wink was needed to show my post was in jest, it obviously wasn't enough.

• Like 1

I wouldn't have Wilshire walking back in the team to be honest.  With his injuries I simply don't believe he deserves to be.  Players should be picked on form,  not reputation.  I'm not sure I'd have Rooney in the team to be honest.  (well,  first 11)

Edited by PieFacE

14 hours ago, Xela said:

While Wilshire is no doubt a gobby little prick with delusions of grandeur, he's barely played this season and think it would be unfair on the other players if he walked straight back in the starting 11

Fixed.

Â