The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

29 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yes, hard to see how this will be a benefit to us. Chinese players are **** terrible, and they will be terrible for a long time. 

the benefit is huge. And I am only talkin about direct benefit from transfer fee.

For example, Athletico Madrid got a Chinese player 4 years ago, who played in their youth team then in B team. He is nowhere close to the 1st team. 

Last year, he was bought by Guangzhou Evergrande on a transfer fee of 5 mil euros.

I can go on but my point is, a direct benefit if there are youth players (with ok quality) from china is, they can be sold back to China with 10-100 times more transfer fee than what they are worth.

This is simply because China super league only allows 3 foreign and 1 Asian players to play on pitch. 

Last year, the most expensive domestic player transfer fee was something like 10 mil pounds in China. I highly doubt he can play in the 1st team of any club in the championships.

Edited by Deisler123
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Deisler123 said:

Last year, the most expensive domestic player transfer fee was something like 1000 mil pounds in China. I highly doubt he can play in the 1st team of any club in the championships.

...£1billion? Who was this?

BTW, most of clubs in China are owned by super rich business man. And most of them operate their clubs in a very similar way.

I can write something about how clubs are run in China, If you guys are interested? This might give some insights to how Xia may run Villa.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

The Recon group appears to have investments in lots of companies, definitely more than 5.  The 5 just refers to those that are publicly listed on the stock exchange - they have interests in many more companies than that.  I posted above that my bet would be that XWHO (link) is one of his main sources of income - it ties in with what Hollis was saying about him and the HUGE regeneration that has been going on in China over the last 10-15 years.  Looking at this I actually feel reasonably confident we are going to be OK with this guy, but time will tell. 

Agreed. The five companies on the public stock exchange have absolutely no way at all to fund a private space exploration, and don't seem to be forming any sort of profit. RECON probably has countless shares in private companies, potentially worth many billions; this would be the only logical solution if Dr X is telling the truth, and he isn't backed by the Chinese government.

Edited by meme
hello

FFS Villa fans, why do people have to always look on the negative side. We at last have an owner who seems ambitious, if he delivers half of what he is saying, it will be a vast improvement on the last idiot.

When dodgy Roman bought Chelsea and oil bought Shitty, their fans lapped it up.

The media hate us and want to be negative, don't fall for it, Remain curious people and prepare for one hell of a ride.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mikeyjavfc said:

It's a bit rich to claim these clubs haven't sold out in other more embarrassing ways anyway. We have half the Liverpool team shilling Nivea face cream every advert break and lets not forgot Manchester United's official Korean Potato Snack sponsor: Mister Potato

I'm not adverse to adverting but old Trafford & Anfield are part of the brand that they have. villa park is ours

1 minute ago, Deisler123 said:

BTW, most of clubs in China are owned by super rich business man. And most of them operate their clubs in a very similar way.

I can write something about how clubs are run in China, If you guys are interested? This might give some insights to how Xia may run Villa.

Yes please.

43 minutes ago, trekka said:

People seem to overlook the fact that our badge was changed (at cost, and to some bemusement) not that long ago.  I'd wager he/whoever now owns us have had an influence on us for quite a while.  

I hope not, that's one of the things I was hoping they would bin! Al thought the new alterations make it slightly better. I would prefer either an emblem or round badge type.

1 minute ago, R1chuk said:

FFS Villa fans, why do people have to always look on the negative side. We at last have an owner who seems ambitious, if he delivers half of what he is saying, it will be a vast improvement on the last idiot.

When dodgy Roman bought Chelsea and oil bought Shitty, their fans lapped it up.

The media hate us and want to be negative, don't fall for it, Remain curious people and prepare for one hell of a ride.

I think it's just because of the past few years and huge media influence; the former means we have developed amazing mechanisms that are able to find flaws and loopholes in everything, and the latter because anything the media writes that is half-controversial means money for them.

31 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yes, hard to see how this will be a benefit to us. Chinese players are **** terrible, and they will be terrible for a long time. 

Give me 1 shite Chinese player in our squad over 1 average British/European player any day.

They're revenue alone would probably ensure that we could buy >1 other players that we couldnt afford otherwise, resulting in a better overall squad. 

Just now, decamoto said:

Give me 1 shite Chinese player in our squad over 1 average British/European player any day.

They're revenue alone would probably ensure that we could buy >1 other players that we couldnt afford otherwise, resulting in a better overall squad. 

Swap Gabby - job done.

11 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Yes please.

13 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

10 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Seconded

I also would love to hear about it

1 minute ago, Gary Thomas said:

Swap Gabby - job done.

Gabby currently loses us 60k per week. A Chinese player would basically reverse that and GIVE us 60k a week. Probably more.

Can't be arsed to get worried or excited about this just yet.

Been following Villa too long and heard so many words that I'll make my judgements on actions and nothing else.

I do feel a strong sense of relief that the frankly mental Lerner has now left. Ding dong the witch has gone and all that.

Let's see what the next chapter brings.

I realise that won't stop VT being its crazy beautiful schizo self but never mind just my two penneth.

• Like 2