The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why is everyone so pessimistic. Is it a Birmingham thing? 

I think its a west midland thing, Im a massive pessimist , what's the point in being optimistic you just end up being disappointed in the end anyway 

• Like 1

Around 80 days to sort an owner, appoint a new manager, clear out the rubbish, bring in players and build a team for the championship.  Really hope they will announce something very soon, now the seasons finished, and a new manager is waiting in the wings.   

37 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I can feel it in my bones that the worst is over. 

I so want to believe you.

We're almost totally **** IMO. By the start of next season we need a new owner, a new manager, new backroom staff and we need to get rid of close to 10 players and replace them. 

We need a Man City style take over, i.e. with in a blink of an eye they were bought and virtually within 2 weeks rolling out new signings left right and centre. That's what we need to happen otherwise we won't get promoted. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Why is everyone so pessimistic. Is it a Birmingham thing? 

It's more to do with the size of the task in front of us. It all seems unrealistic to expect to start next season with a new owner, new manager and virtually a new first team good enough to get us promoted automatically.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Does the club get closed down if we don't go up first time Doc?

I'd like to think these new owners would have a long term plan rather than just quick fixes so if we don't go up straight away so be it. Financially we'd be one of the richest in the division so we'd make it up eventually. 

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I'd like to think these new owners would have a long term plan rather than just quick fixes so if we don't go up straight away so be it. Financially we'd be one of the richest in the division so we'd make it up eventually. 

No but it's an absolutely disgrace if we don't come back up straight away and the longer we are down there the harder it will be to come up. 

Just now, VillaChris said:

The issue is staying up. The longer we stay down the more the teams in the Premier League get ahead of us. I mean 20th place next season gets £99 million which is pretty much what the winner of the League would have gotten a year or two ago, you only have to be in the league a few seasons to be spending Top 4 level money as a shit tier team. So the longer we spend out of the league the harder it will be to topple whoever is the 17th best team not without some very very crafty ways around FFP. So yeah the long term plan may include contingencies in case we don't come right back up, but the plan will be promotion next-season. 

Leicester didn't have any premier league money for a good 10 years.

While we're away premier league teams will continue to blow big money on rubbish players, as I've said many times there's only so many good players to go around.

If we come up we'll have a team used to winning and hopefully some decent young players who can make their mark in premier league in a more confident environment.

I wouldn't worry about it, let's just get some decent owners in, rebuild and get up sooner rather than later.

• Like 2

Just now, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

i wonder if the EU referendum will hinder any progress until the result is in

I would think if it had any negative possibilities then it would be completed before the referendum. 

Feel the sale will be sooner, rather than later. If anything we have heard is true then the wheels are in motion and anyone investing in a football club will be aware of the time scales.