Scouting network

ermie123

1 hour ago, Reivax_Villa said:

why does this matter?

Surely the new manager would bring his own backroom staff in?

Would expect the manager to bring in his own coaching staff but not scouting staff? That's something for the club to put in place and make sure we are building a competent and sustainable squad regardless of who is the manager.

[My iPhone just tried to correct "the manager" to "hyena agent".]

David Blunkett picking random names out of a French phonebook seems to be the extent of our scouting network

Either that or people who know **** all about football studying spreadsheets and pie charts and recommending players based on some useless formula.

Hopefully they are all sacked as well. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Xela said:

David Blunkett picking random names out of a French phonebook seems to be the extent of our scouting network

Either that or people who know **** all about football studying spreadsheets and pie charts and recommending players based on some useless formula.

Hopefully they are all sacked as well. 

To be fair it's the ones we pick up from England that are most shite.

• Like 2

True, the English signing have been poor as well. There were some baffling signings though... Crespo? What the **** was that about? Ilori on loan? Some of the transfers are so bizarre they need to be investigated to see if it wasn't a form of money laundering! 

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure Crespo had the same agent as Adama, so you're probably not a million miles away.  Ilori I'm not sure, I think they were expecting him to be fitter than he was.  I can understand the French players being a bit of a punt, it's the fact that someone must surely have watched Gestede a few times (probably Tim) and thought he was a player.  Whoever that was, if they're still at the club, needs shooting.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I am quite sure the Llori and Crespo deals were greasing the palms of a few agents. Truly and utterly bizarre.

Crespo had the same agent as Adama.

Ilori has been signed for Liverpool whilst Reilly was there part of their scouting team that brought in the likes of Aspas.

4 hours ago, Pilchard said:

Crespo had the same agent as Adama.

Ilori has been signed for Liverpool whilst Reilly was there part of their scouting team that brought in the likes of Aspas.

You may not want some balance, but he also picked out Benteke.

39 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

You may not want some balance, but he also picked out Benteke.

I always thought the story was that the original target was Jelle Vossen. Lambert went to watch Genk play, saw Benteke and decided he wanted him instead.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mwj said:

And Coutinho

2 minutes ago, mwj said:

And Coutinho

2 minutes ago, mwj said:

And Coutinho

2 minutes ago, mwj said:

And Coutinho

2 minutes ago, mwj said:

And Coutinho

Not really. He was class at Inter for a while at 18/19. Nobody could grasp why they binned him off.

Â