Midweek football 14/17 March

andykeenan

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

just seen cuardrado's goal, great wiggle of the hips from him to sell the defender and then slot it away...but that run from the edge of his own box by morata, absolutely superb

"this running at players with the ball is very strange" -- every Villa fan :(

33 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Clear penalty according Howard Webb

Mascherano did clip him though, you could tell from other angles.  I know it's hard to tell with Mascherano but it definitely seemed like an accidental collision, however I think Webb is right, that shouldn't matter and it was a pen.

Barca had so much left in the tank it was a bit scary.  Arsenal were ok to be fair to them. 

5 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

Why did Juventus loan Coman to Bayern? Always baffled me that one.

I think it's with a view to a permanent deal. Could be some kind of creative accounting to get around tax or FFP or something. 

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Mascherano did clip him though, you could tell from other angles.  I know it's hard to tell with Mascherano but it definitely seemed like an accidental collision, however I think Webb is right, that shouldn't matter and it was a pen.

Barca had so much left in the tank it was a bit scary.  Arsenal were ok to be fair to them. 

it was definitely not a dive, clear contact and a foul in my view despite being accidental, although the contact actually looked just outside the box to me.

Â