Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

See what happens if they don't go up...maybe a reason why we're holding fire as likes of Bruce and Hughton could be available by late May if neither go up.

I'd still like to get in a manager in a.s.a.p as there are capable ones without a job currently....Moyes, Pearson, Monk etc.

thats a bad move by the club in my opinion plus I dont think a manager failing to get a team promoted like Bruce is a good choice

9 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

still stick by this. if this new board gets together and the best that they can come up with is nigel **** pearson, then i really do despair.

I agree that what we have seen of him via social media, press etc. Has not painted him in a good light. The British press enjoy watching managers fall apart, BBC and certain pundits have enjoyed poking fun at us all season, so with Leicester being bottom for so long they were an easy target. 

What do we really know about Pearson the manager and the person??? 

• Like 1

there lots of articles on Pearson that just work on observation of his key misdemeanours, I found this one from the Telegraph that seems to have more substance to it, but you can never tell with Journos. Interesting how us fans get on the back of managers when making decisions and, like with the Liam Moore decision, think we know better...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/leicester-city/11289059/Leicester-City-manager-Nigel-Pearson-backed-by-peers-after-fan-with-row-You-said-what-rest-us-want-to-say.html

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

That's still ignoring the fact he probably doesn't want to come and has been asked more than once to do so, I think he was approached/interviewed when we got Garde IIRC, and I'm pretty sure a few appointments before that too. I'd like it to happen, don't get me wrong, I'd like him to come here and be properly backed and build a good squad and turn things around.

I just can't see it though, since his Preston days he's always wanted to get to the very top and managing us in the Championship with an owner intent on selling and no massive investment around the corner is not a step on the way to the top. I agree we are a sleeping (well drugged and battered into a coma) giant with huge potential. We are not set up to achieve it any time soon though. 

As for Garde, he was shafted by circumstance and the men who hired him were got rid of before he was. he will have a great career I'm sure and it was a missed opportunity for the club in January by not backing him.

The new manager, working with Lerner is going to have a tough job IMO too. Moyes will know this.

And he also managed to piss off and alienate most of the first team squad almost has soon as he arrived and never recovered. Dreadful man management by one of the worst managers in our history and premier league history. A totally dreadful appointment made purely on the fact he was French in a desperate attempt to protect our summer investments. Garde is not blameless and gets let off far too lightly, fact is he was shite.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Imho it would be a dereliction of duty for the board to appoint Pearson if Moyes is available.

It's not as simple as though is it? How do we know Moyes hasn't been approached but is demanding far too much budget? There were rumours when Sherwood left that Moyes was approached but wanted £40m budget to keep us up.

• Like 1

Exactly we have no clue what's going on behind the scenes and they are never going to admit to not getting their first choice.   It would not send great signals to the new man in charge for a start.  

Lets put our faith in the new board that has a clue about football and see what happens.

if they don't appoint your choice the most important thing is to get behind whoever they do appoint.

We all need to pull in the one direction club, players and supporters only then can we move forward.

its gonna be a tough job for whoever without the fans on their back from day one.

1 hour ago, KHV said:

And he also managed to piss off and alienate most of the first team squad almost has soon as he arrived and never recovered. Dreadful man management by one of the worst managers in our history and premier league history. A totally dreadful appointment made purely on the fact he was French in a desperate attempt to protect our summer investments. Garde is not blameless and gets let off far too lightly, fact is he was shite.

We'll agree to disagree about Garde's abilities but he alienated the first team squad by wanting them to 1. Work hard 2. Calling them out on being lazy and shit. Two things I agree with him about ;)

• Like 1

On 14 April 2016 at 21:58, MikeMcKenna said:

I think you are deluded TRO. Nigel Pearson will imho be **** for Villa. The thought of him being AVFC manager appalls me! :-(

I think you are wrong Mike.....and I think you will be surprised at the groundswell of opinion .....for him.

I think you are letting personality get the better of your football knowledge.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think you are wrong Mike.....and I think you will be surprised at the groundswell of opinion .....for him.

I think you are letting personality get the better of your football knowledge.

Obviously we will have to disagree. For me it is not just a question of "personality" although that is enough. I think he will be a shit manager. Time will tell but if we sign him, the 'groundswell of opinion' are welcome to him. I will not be around. 

• Like 1

On 14 April 2016 at 22:00, sharkyvilla said:

Hmmm, do you not worry that we had a second Graham Taylor already and it was a bit of a disaster?

Different set of circumstances.

12 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Southgate is sitting in the stands next to Little today, perhaps he's being lined up? Probably a case of 2+2=5 though.

For many, many reasons I hope that it is 2+2 = 5. It goes against everything they've said re: a manager - perhaps he's going to be this sporting director position they are looking at.

7 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Obviously we will have to disagree. For me it is not just a question of "personality" although that is enough. I think he will be a shit manager. Time will tell but if we sign him, the 'groundswell of opinion' are welcome to him. I will not be around. 

I have to accept your explanation of why you don't favour him.

However I would equally find it hard to get some discerning football supporter to admit to dismissing a potential managerial candidate on his personality, so your response was no surprise to me......or others for that matter.

His recent record and abilities are there for all to see, he has also gained good experience at other clubs.....whether he shouts or whispers is of little value to me or whether he cajoles of shoves is his call.

His confidence must be fairly entact and as opposed to some others, has not experienced recent reversals and clamours from respective fans to be removed....that affects managers resolve.

It seems strange to me but the people i speak to ,without prompting from me ,mention his name consistently.

Whether he gets to job or not, no of us know who the "the knight on the white horse is" so why, we are getting our proverbial knickers in a twist of this man ,I have no idea.

The fascination for me is ,his detractors are so vitriolic in their condemnation, you would think he had an indiscretion with their other halves, such is the hate.

To say I am deluded for championing his name would infer,  I was the only one doing so......just about every pundit mentions him too.

sorry Mike.....I do agree with much you write......but I am afraid i have to bow out on this subject.

• Like 1

Just now, Pilchard said:

For many, many reasons I hope that it is 2+2 = 5. It goes against everything they've said re: a manager - perhaps he's going to be this sporting director position they are looking at.

well he does have Premier League and Championship managerial experience

plus an Afonso Alves/Gestede forward line would fire us to CHampionship vicoty

Just now, Zatman said:

well he does have Premier League and Championship managerial experience

Stop it, you are scaring me.

That horse-faced, judas is has not only shown he lacks any kind of managerial ability, but the bloke did they dirty on us whilst captain. How can he turn up and expect this bunch of pricks we're stuck with to listen to anything he has to say when he left the way he did?

• Like 1