Ratings & Reactions: Stoke v Villa

limpid

Rode out the first twenty minutes fine, looked to be getting a minor foothold into the rest of the first half without ever looking like we'd do anything.  

Then it's just the usual stupid individual errors that cost us.  Same old really.

Despicable bunch of gutless cowards. The worrying thing is that Garde's position is starting to become untenable as regards next season. He needs to be really aggressive now. Play some of the young lads... or maybe he's checked out too. 

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

You're not the only one. I know I say this every week but I honestly don't care. Aside from a couple of exceptions there's absolutely nothing likable about this bunch of gutless losers and it's been clear for all to see that we've been down for months.

I'm usually an optimist and after the match against Norwich I'll admit that yeah, I had a bit of hope we might just pull off the great escape. After the Liverpool match I was angry, but now? I think resignation has finally set in. Thanks a lot Lerner, you've robbed me of my enthusiasm for the team I've supported since I was a boy. That might only be a minor crime in the grand scheme of things, but for me it's the one that hurts the most.

• Like 3