The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

Long tweetstorm, but good:

Sorry for the repetition, I don't know how to get rid of the first link in each one. 

8 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It's always been said that we are not European anyway, we're just different to Europeans.

In what way, exactly?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Long tweetstorm, but good:

Sorry for the repetition, I don't know how to get rid of the first link in each one. 

In what way, exactly?

Because we are just British :) it was kind of a joke in the sense that I've read and heard countless times that we've never been European and never will be. Not sure if and why we are different but people just think we are.

It's a shame there's not been quite the same clamour to sort out the Northern Ireland problem that the Gibraltar thing has inspired.

It's almost like it's something nobody knows how to fix, and moreover nobody cares.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

It's a shame there's not been quite the same clamour to sort out the Northern Ireland problem that the Gibraltar thing has inspired.

It's almost like it's something nobody knows how to fix, and moreover nobody cares.

Well, it's not a shame if the 'clamour' involved is threatening to go to war with the Republic!

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Well, it's not a shame if the 'clamour' involved is threatening to go to war with the Republic!

Something something Falklands, something sun never sets/Howard

;)

But it does seem incongruous we'll chuck out outrage over Gibraltar, but we'll brush Northern Ireland under the carpet and pretend it isn't there, when is actually a more pressing problem. And I've yet to see an answer to that problem.

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

Something something Falklands, something sun never sets/Howard

;)

But it does seem incongruous we'll chuck out outrage over Gibraltar, but we'll brush Northern Ireland under the carpet and pretend it isn't there, when is actually a more pressing problem. And I've yet to see an answer to that problem.

Yes, being serious for a minute, you're absolutely right. I don't think Northern Ireland has been given much consideration, and the consideration it has received has mostly been laughable - 'we'll have more customs checks on the main roads', oh right, well that should deter the criminals then, how will they work a way around that one

32 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I feel European.

I did until today. Nice bit of weather without it being that hot and I was out in shorts and a vest with all my horrible tattoos on show. Ive got to be British ;)

• Like 2

We're trying to get India to make use of our fin tech services as part of a tariff free trade deal, but they want freedom of movement for their people.

Time to send a few gun boats and remind them who's in charge.

24 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

We're trying to get India to make use of our fin tech services as part of a tariff free trade deal, but they want freedom of movement for their people.

Time to send a few gun boats and remind them who's in charge.

Do you think that will work.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Gibraltar isn't a problem.

We could beat Spain in a war.

:huh:

Cripple 'em - according to one of the lead stories on the Torygraph's website.

Britain's Royal Navy is substantially weaker than it was during the Falklands War but could still "cripple" Spain, military experts have said.

And they finish off with a reference to Cadiz 1587.

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Do you think that will work.

I was just trying to find my jolly jingo brexit mojo.

Obviously, to conquer India quickly, we'll need to retake Suez. 

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

Gibraltar isn't a problem.

We could beat Spain in a war.

:huh:

Just think of all the technological advances we'd get though! ;-)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Cripple 'em - according to one of the lead stories on the Torygraph's website.

And they finish off with a reference to Cadiz 1587.

The negotiations will of course be good natured and in the spirit of friendship though.

How long until we get some Tory word removed officially making reference to the war with reference to Germany? (Giving them a clean slate after the Article 50 invocation, we all know the WW2 crap was peddled enough back in June).

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

probably just all talk

It's not even that really. It's 15 seconds of Michael Howard on Sky News and one of the UK's newspapers has gone and got a 'political correspondent' asking for quotes from a (retired) Rear Admiral on the UK's capability v a NATO ally. It's really quite stupid.

Edited by snowychap

Â