The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

Doesn't particularly bother me either way, but I hope that the (let's charitably say) large minority of people who ruined the country just to stop foreigners from coming here are absolutely furious with how it's all gone. The pricks. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The rich got richer and the rest got shafted. This was what Brexit was truly about. If we continue to vote in these pricks from Eton and Harrow it's only going to get worse. They treated the working class like shit 200 years ago and they are still doing it now. Their divide and conquer techniques are straight out of a narcissist handbook. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’d like to imagine there’s a similar pooling of the talents club we could join around trade. Someone should look in to it.

Has anyone thought about such a collective of workers? Could be something could be nothing, I’m just thinking out loud.

• Like 1

Nice quote from that story 

Britain benefitted more than any other EU country from grants handed out under the Horizon programme which offered funding and leadership of pan-European research groups and access to equipment and facilities.

I hope the EU have learned their lesson.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

Will you marry me?

Not sure if that will get you a passport. 

My lad can't even get one as I wasn't a citizen at the time of his birth.  Any future siblings of his would be able to though!

But you answer your question....Yes.

• Thanks 1

On 07/09/2023 at 10:33, Wainy316 said:

Had my Irish citizenship confirmed.  Stick ya Brexit up yer arse!

Tried to do mine a while back. Got all the documents from my mom like Birth certificates and marriage certificates etc 

Then proceeded to lose them all

46 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Tried to do mine a while back. Got all the documents from my mom like Birth certificates and marriage certificates etc 

Then proceeded to lose them all

Sheeeeit, lost as in lost forever or misplaced?

I think it’s an easier process through a parent too.  Mine was through a grandparent.

Waiting time was 2 years when I applied but thankfully went down to approx 9 months (mine took 20). 

Sadly I'm having to get a British passport under duress. I only have a Dutch passport and now keep getting hassled at the border coming back in. I mean, getting deported to a better country wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, it's just all my stuff is here.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Sheeeeit, lost as in lost forever or misplaced?

I think it’s an easier process through a parent too.  Mine was through a grandparent.

Waiting time was 2 years when I applied but thankfully went down to approx 9 months (mine took 20). 

Lost it forever. No idea where they went. Moved house a couple of months ago and was sure they’d turn up but they never did

34 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Lost it forever. No idea where they went. Moved house a couple of months ago and was sure they’d turn up but they never did

Next time you move it will all turn up. I had a Pixies set list that was lost in a house move, moved again about 15 years later and it turned up. 

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Next time you move it will all turn up. I had a Pixies set list that was lost in a house move, moved again about 15 years later and it turned up. 

I lost it before the house move. I was relying on it turning up in the move. It never did. It’s gone 😔

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Identity theft ahoy. 

Â