The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

6 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

So I'm the only one whose ever done a teacher post ....yeah right O :rolleyes:

But let me guess ... posting something you blatantly know not to be true whilst having a little dig at someone is within the rules so I have no grounds to be upset 

If anyone has grounds to be upset, it's surely you. Your "gag" writer is ripping you off, even if they're free.

Teachers are all lazy lol. :)

I hear all teachers are so lazy they don't do any work, lol :)

Did you hear the one about the teacher - she was lazy, ha ha. lol :)

All filler, no killer.

Now onto my other two gags. Cyclists! What words removed, lol :)

The French, they don't wash very often! They smell, lol :)

Get a refund, save a smiley.

No, no you misunderstand. The smileys show its a funny post, not serious, how could you be so humourless.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blandy said:

If anyone has grounds to be upset, it's surely you. Your "gag" writer is ripping you off, even if they're free.

Teachers are all lazy lol. :)

I hear all teachers are so lazy they don't do any work, lol :)

Did you hear the one about the teacher - she was lazy, ha ha. lol :)

All filler, no killer.

Now onto my other two gags. Cyclists! What words removed, lol :)

The French, they don't wash very often! They smell, lol :)

Get a refund, save a smiley.

No, no you misunderstand. The smileys show its a funny post, not serious, how could you be so humourless.

your putting words in my mouth there ... It's students who are lazy , teachers just have lots of holidays and complain a lot  

12 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

By saying that all politicians are bad as each other, it gives a populist figure like Trump the immediate initial platform he needs. He ran on an anti-establishment ticket then lied more than any career politician and people were like 'well all politicians lie'. It's how populism takes hold. 

"All politicians, so bad so why not try somebody new who is going to solve all of my problems!'

Not trusting any politician is a dangerous view to hold IMO.

I don't trust any politician in the slightest, but I also wouldn't trust a complete twunt like Trump either. But I do understand the point you're making.

13 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Not trusting any politician is a dangerous view to hold IMO.

It's a pretty safe starting point. While there's a party system, listening to most politicians is like listening to a sheep burp.

23 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I thought it was just the French went on strike if they had to work more than a few hours a day ?

But yeah over here it seems to be a badge of honour to tell everyone that you worked 14 hours putting smiley faces and ticks on homework whilst you drunk some wine and watched TV , it's like we use it to show our super powers of endurance over our fellow humans ... where as the French approach it differently  

I'm a teacher. If you want to ask any questions about the profession ask away and i'll answer honestly. Maybe then we can dispel some of the nonsense you've spouted above?

Edited by sexbelowsound

16 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I'm a teacher. If you want to ask any questions about the profession ask away and i'll answer honestly. Maybe then we can dispel some of the nonsense you've spouted above?

He says, posting this whilst in class...

tumblr_ngs1pzasDv1u5wtafo1_400.gif

May has said she "doesn't accept the terms hard or soft Brexit". Following her not accepting anything the red cross say. I think it's a brilliant strategy, that I'm going to use from now on.

"I'm late for work? I don't accept that".

"You want me to pay for my shopping? I don't accept that".

She's basically Sir Geoffrey Norman

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Just heard on the radio Theresa May saying (paraphrased) 'the public clearly voted to take back control of immigration on June 23rd'

Didn't see that on the ballot paper...

it was printed just above 'chuck an extra £350 million a week at the NHS'

but one below 'blessed are the Lithuanian fruit pickers'

same font as 'sweetheart secret deal for Nissan but no tariffs on Chinese surplus steel dumping because we believe in free trade'

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

May has said she "doesn't accept the terms hard or soft Brexit"

Also see, for any description of chaos directly related to Government policy or performance "A Government spokesman has said they do not recognise the situation as described".

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

it was printed just above 'chuck an extra £350 million a week at the NHS'

but one below 'blessed are the Lithuanian fruit pickers'

same font as 'sweetheart secret deal for Nissan but no tariffs on Chinese surplus steel dumping because we believe in free trade'

to be fair I haven't been able to find the radio interview that Steph is paraphrasing from  so don't know exactly what was said , but wasn't  there a whole series of debates on TV , articles in papers etc  prior to the vote where both sides spelt out exactly what a vote for their side meant ? Take control of our borders /immigration etc was used throughout so clearly it was on the agenda as part of the In / Out Question  , which didn't really delve into any policy in itself , just the question "Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union? "

Presumably when leave won , immigration control was therefore endorsed ..unless 52% of the voters really did vote just to get an extra £350m to the NHS , but as we've been repeatedly told the 52% voted because they are racist , I don't think that can be true

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

to be fair I haven't been able to find the radio interview that Steph is paraphrasing from  so don't know exactly what was said , but wasn't  there a whole series of debates on TV , articles in papers etc  prior to the vote where both sides spelt out exactly what a vote for their side meant ? Take control of our borders /immigration etc was used throughout so clearly it was on the table as part of the deal  ?

Presumably when leave won , immigration control was therefore endorsed ..unless 52% of the voters really did vote just to get an extra £350m to the NHS , but as we've been repeatedly told the 52% voted because they are racist , I don't think that can be true

I think we've established that the question was spectacularly poorly framed in that millions of people have millions of opinions on what they think they voted for, or voted against.

Theresa May, bless her red white and blue socks, is now trying to stare intensely hard at a leave EU / remain EU binary ballot, with no direct mention of hard single market fruit pickers or soft grey finance jobs or 4,000,000 ex pat criminal pensioners returning from Spain, or world trade nissan tariffs, and work out what it means in the real world. This obviously can't be done, so she's hoping to just ride the storm.

A bit like I'm hoping to ride Little Mix and all three of the Beverly Sisters.

• Like 1

Â