The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

7 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Leave 500k ahead, increasing all the time. Not sure the London boroughs will be able to overcome that in the end.

And of most of those london boroughs left, it seems there are a lot to come of areas that would typically vote out for all the wrong reasons.

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

I'm no expert on the matter but do leave voters think leaving will improve the economy because I can't see it

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

I'm no expert on the matter but do leave voters think leaving will improve the economy because I can't see it

Some believe that. They think we'll trade more with the rest of the world, and without the nasty immigrants stealing our money we'll all be richer.

Mostly, I believe, they are voting because they believe in the good old days and that they can go back to them.

Our economy will be screwed, I have no doubt whatsoever of that.

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Do we know with any certainty what the economy would do if we stay ?

we can make projections based on X but other events in Europe ( even the world ) that we can't control will always be a factor , in or out 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

events happen that effect people's lives all the time , they will get their  chance in years to come , probably when they are older and wiser and thus more likely to vote Tory :)

They won't,  out is out. It would be decades before we could even apply to rejoin realistically, and it takes another decade to negotiate entry.

They will never have a say in this, and certainly not before their working lives and future prospects are settled. 

It won't be screwed, but things will be tricky for a few weeks. After that, it'll be mostly the same as now but the rest of of the EU/world will see this an an opportunity to grab some of the UK pie. How will the UK deal with that, probably ok, probably.

Medium term is where it gets fun and longer term is now a complete unknown as this decision has a great probability of cascading across Europe. 

Just now, Danwichmann said:

They won't,  out is out. It would be decades before we could even apply to rejoin realistically, and it takes another decade to negotiate entry.

They will never have a say in this, and certainly not before their working lives and future prospects are settled. 

Who said anything about re-joining ?

i said they will get their chance to influence events , there is a world Outside of the EU 

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

The vast majority of leavers I have spoken to acknowledge there will be short to medium term damage to the economy - significantly in the short term (markets dislike change), less significantly in the medium term. They see it as a price worth paying for their other (much documented) reasons which include an optimism that the economy will benefit in the long term, especially compared to a troubled Eurozone.

Declan Kearney MLA for South Antrim says Sinn Fein WILL call a border poll if Britain leaves the EU.

Scotland could potentially call for another Indy Ref as majority of Scotland seems to be in favour of staying in the EU.

Interesting times ahead as Leave campaign has 52% of the vote. Break up of the Union could be on the horizon.

2 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

Declan Kearney MLA for South Antrim says Sinn Fein WILL call a border poll if Britain leaves the EU.

Scotland could potentially call for another Indy Ref as majority of Scotland seems to be in favour of staying in the EU.

Interesting times ahead as Leave campaign has 52% of the vote. Break up of the Union could be on the horizon.

I'd expect this to also lead to the Welsh having a think too.

And on the twenty fourth day of the sixth month in the year two thousand and sixteen of the common era, the people known as the britons arose and anointed him

King Boris the First

and the day was henceforth known as Saint Nigel's day. 

Â