Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

11 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Balloons, scarfs, streamers, confetti, blowup-dolls.....I mean inflatables

This is exactly the kind of thing we will be really encouraging and promoting.

The march before the game is the more serious side of the protest as we still believe there is an important message to get out as the club is in a right state at the moment regardless of talk of a sale.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YGabbana said:

Main thing is to boo the **** out of the players for the entire game

Bored of that pantomime crap tbh - achieves nothing now (players know how supporters feel) and probably makes supporters look bad. Better to ignore the words removed and have a party IMO - end on a more positive note.  Everyone to their own though; knock yourself out if that's your thing.

3 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Bored of that pantomime crap tbh - achieves nothing now (players know how supporters feel) and probably makes supporters look bad. Better to ignore the words removed and have a party IMO - end on a more positive note.  Everyone to their own though; knock yourself out if that's your thing.

Everyone turn their backs on the players if they do a lap of ''honour''? Agree about the booing but just cant help but feel we are missing a way of showing the media we blame the players alongside the board. 

2 minutes ago, ThisCouldBeRotterdam said:

Everyone turn their backs on the players if they do a lap of ''honour''? Agree about the booing but just cant help but feel we are missing a way of showing the media we blame the players alongside the board. 

Yeah I agree about the lap of honour - that would be taking the piss and they will deserve everything they get if they do that.

In fairness it is easy to make your feelings known towards the players. It doesn't need any group to organise it though. They are sitting ducks from the second they step foot on the pitch to the second they leave it. They have had loads of abuse and I am sure that may well continue.

What we have tried to focus on with these protests is really getting the attention of the absent owner by staging very visible protests that will grab the attention of the media and hopefully get the message back to him and also increase the focus and pressure on him to action the requests that accompany these protests.

Edited by markavfc40

22 minutes ago, ThisCouldBeRotterdam said:

Have the club confirmed whether the players will do a lap of ''honour'' (hahaha, just typing that sounds ridiculous!). 

I know that the protests arent aimed at the players, but if they do this might be a good way to organise a way of showing the players how much we dislike them! 

They'll relabel it a "lap of appreciation" or something similar.  The club will have to eat the inevitable shit sandwich on this one, a few minutes of being booed if they do a lap is probably less damaging than allowing disgruntled supporters to spend the whole summer saying that the players couldn't even be arsed to acknowledge the fans at the end of the season. 

6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

That is what it has been called for a number of years anyway as far as I was aware.

Yes probably for the last 5 years of us being shit :D

Its limited on numbers but I do feel sorry for those players who do care and there will be some of them that do. 

On the other hand you can picture Bacuna smirking now as well as the others who either don't give a shit or confident they'll be long gone come the start of next season. 

I'm very undecided about this game.  I don't get up often but would love to be there for our final premier league game (for a while), but I really don't want to watch the side Black keeps putting out.  If there's going to be a big carnival atmosphere then I'm in but I don't want to (ahem - miss my daughter's birthday party) to watch Bacuna, Lescott and Gabby and Richardson being booed for 90 minutes.

Â