Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

I personally th

11 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

This!!!!!!!!

56 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

I love this line and the 'Where's Wally' theme that @choffer mentioned.

CgFIixUUsAIGc6W.jpg

I think for final fancy dress game everyone should dress as this 

• Like 4

As linked in the Lerner thread.The article in the People by Moxley suggesting that Lerner is delaying the new manager selection process, if true sums up the situation at VP for me. I fully respect what the guys of the Protest Group are doing and continue to back them.

However i don't believe that AVFC will ever rise from the ashes till Lerner has gone.  I do not think that any appointment Lerner or his subordinates make will turn the club around. Hollis said a month ago he wasn't Lerner's poodle. If Moxley's claim is true Hollis is both Lerner's poodle and puppet. And in turn Bernstein and Brian Little, despite his love for AVFC are nothing more. 

Ultimately imo Lerner should be the sole and constant focus of the protests. Yes I hear those who say he wants out and is trying to sell, but I don't think he necessarily does or is trying hard enough. Lerner is totally incompetent, none of his appointments or in turn their appointments have improved AVFC. 

We are basically screwed until he is gone. Small Heath have their witches curse we have Lerner.

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, limpid said:

Tabloids write what people want to read and this one comes complete with no quotes whatsoever. It's the journalist's opinion and nothing more. Please don't base protests on what the tabloid rags say.

I agree 100% with this. Less focus on the facts as there is enough in those to base our protests on without going off track focusing on what is in the papers 95% of which is crap.

1 hour ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Ultimately imo Lerner should be the sole and constant focus of the protests. Yes I hear those who say he wants out and is trying to sell, but I don't think he necessarily does or is trying hard enough. Lerner is totally incompetent, none of his appointments or in turn their appointments have improved AVFC. 

He is the focus Mike but this goes back to where this all started and the discussions we had then. If we go 100% for Lerner to sell up without asking for anything else then where does that leave the club in the meantime?

The facts are the club is up for sale and has been for almost 2 years. We have requested that Lerner makes a statement saying he will price the club at a level that it will sell and that he needs to ensure it goes to someone with the means and where with all to take the club forward. That second part is vitally important.

We push totally for Lerner out and nothing else then I guarantee the answer will eventually come back the club is up for sale and is priced at a level the owner thinks is reasonable but at present there is no interest.

Whether we like it or not, and I don't at all, but this club is not an attractive proposition. It has just been relegated, it has just lost 27 mill. We have to accept that Lerner could be be around for a good while longer yet and I would imagine at least another season or two. We can scream and shout as much as we like but we can't magic up a buyer certainly when you consider we want someone who can take this club forward.

Given the above we have therefore pitched our message to ensure that the club takes action in the time it does take Lerner to sell to ensure this club can go forward and progress. That has to be the sensible approach. If those requests that don't relate to a sale are actioned then that should help ensure that both the club starts its fightback and by consequence also becomes a much more attractive proposition to potential buyers.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

He is the focus Mike but this goes back to where this all started and the discussions we had then. If we go 100% for Lerner to sell up without asking for anything else then where does that leave the club in the meantime?

The facts are the club is up for sale and has been for almost 2 years. We have requested that Lerner makes a statement saying he will price the club at a level that it will sell and that he needs to ensure it goes to someone with the means and where with all to take the club forward. That second part is vitally important.

We push totally for Lerner out and nothing else then I guarantee the answer will eventually come back the club is up for sale and is priced at a level the owner thinks is reasonable but at present there is no interest.

Whether we like it or not, and I don't at all, but this club is not an attractive proposition. It has just been relegated, it has just lost 27 mill. We have to accept that Lerner could be be around for a good while longer yet and I would imagine at least another season or two. We can scream and shout as much as we like but we can't magic up a buyer certainly when you consider we want someone who can take this club forward.

Given the above we have therefore pitched our message to ensure that the club takes action in the time it does take Lerner to sell to ensure this club can go forward and progress. That has to be the sensible approach. If those requests that don't relate to a sale are actioned then that should help ensure that both the club starts its fightback and by consequence also becomes a much more attractive proposition to potential buyers.

Mark, Obviously we have had this debate before and still don't agree. Despite everything I believe that we have no option but to 'scream and shout' about Lerner as everything else is incidental. imho the new set up is no different in essence to the old. Hollis may have fired Fox, Almstadt et al and appointed a so called 'football board' but Lerner (and Krulak) still pull all the strings.

The action that the club have taken to date apart from reducing costs amount in reality to sweet FA. Bernstein and Little are powerless and will end being the next scapegoats. We are now staring into the abyss and Imo it is going to get worse. Eventually they will find a new manager who will agree to work within the set constraints ala McLeish, Lambert  without sufficient backing and we will continue to decline. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Mark, Obviously we have had this debate before and still don't agree. Despite everything I believe that we have no option but to 'scream and shout' about Lerner as everything else is incidental. imho the new set up is no different in essence to the old. Hollis may have fired Fox, Almstadt et al and appointed a so called 'football board' but Lerner (and Krulak) still pull all the strings.

The action that the club have taken to date apart from reducing costs amount in reality to sweet FA. Bernstein and Little are powerless and will end being the next scapegoats. We are now staring into the abyss and Imo it is going to get worse. Eventually they will find a new manager who will agree to work within the set constraints ala McLeish, Lambert  without sufficient backing and we will continue to decline. 

Mike I am saying we can't simply scream and shout for him to sell. That is too short sighted and it is also unrealistic to think that a buyer with the means and where with all to take us forward will come forward any time soon. As said previously we have just been relegated and just lost 27 mill. Buyers aren't going to be queuing up to take us over.

Our focus is 100% on Lerner. We have called for him to make a statement stating that he is motivated to sell the club but have to accept that could take some time and therefore it is sensible and only right to push for the club to take action to ensure it can move forward in the meantime. As I said by doing so it will put itself in a much better position to be sold.

If we solely protest for him to sell and nothing else where does that leave us at the start of next season when he will almost certainly still be here. Do we continue to protest then? do we continue to walk out of games, hold up banners etc and do you think we would have the support for that? I have no desire to do that and that is why we are pushing for the club to take action from now, and all over the summer, to ensure that regardless of who the owner is we can start next season in decent shape heading in an upwards direction.

• Like 1

The fundamental problem with the protests is that fans, never mind the board, have little to no power. The power resides with one man and he's living it large a few thousand miles away. If you take protests that occur over political issues, those that protest ostensibly have the power of the vote, so politicians that want their vote so respond to the demand in one way or the other. The fans have nothing to bargain with other than the possibility of not buying tickets or merchandise, but Lerner doesn't need the money - the club does.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Mike I am saying we can't simply scream and shout for him to sell. That is too short sighted and it is also unrealistic to think that a buyer with the means and where with all to take us forward will come forward any time soon.

Amen to that.

I am not sure if this is the right thread for it, but I wonder if it is obligatory under Football League rules for players to have their names on the back of the shirts. I can't imagine it is.

I was just thinking after a season where players have so spectacularly failed to play for the name on the front of the shirt whether we should campaign for them to play a season without having any names on the back.

This needs to be a 'watershed' moment for players, directors and the owner - none of them should escape ignominy from this and my feeling is that pressure needs to be exerted on all sides against them.

So I'm guessing the protests is still on :D

Seriously we need to start putting real focus and pressure on the person Randy Lerner. We must make it impossible for him to have any connection to Aston Villa.

He'll never set foot in Birmingham again, but he's still killing our club from afar.

I really feel it's time to get personal and nasty (obviously nothing illegal) but it stick where it hurts.

• Like 1

Â