Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

56 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Where did the £150 million figure come from? We all use it, myself included, but where is the source?

I might be way off the mark but I seem to think it came up whenLerner first wanted to sell and at the time it was what he'd paid for the club plus a chunk of what he'd put into it at that time. There was talk that he wanted to recoup what he'd spent. 

Might be wrong though, he probably spent more than that then.

Just wanted to wish you lads that are going to walk out tonight good luck. I'm behind what you're doing and even if it doesn't make a difference this week, it could be the start of something bigger once it gains momentum. Simply doing nothing will achieve nothing. 

UTV and OTDO74! 

I'm off on holiday tomorrow so won't be joining you but as I'm in a hotel at the airport tonight I'll try and get a stream on my phone. About 74 minutes in will be when my misuss is getting pissed off with me watching it and I'll probably be walking out the hotel door on 74 and heading to the bar :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

Where did the £150 million figure come from? We all use it, myself included, but where is the source?

i think it came from an article on him trying to sell and it has stuck

14 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Just wanted to wish you lads that are going to walk out tonight good luck. I'm behind what you're doing and even if it doesn't make a difference this week, it could be the start of something bigger once it gains momentum. Simply doing nothing will achieve nothing. 

UTV and OTDO74! 

I'm off on holiday tomorrow so won't be joining you but as I'm in a hotel at the airport tonight I'll try and get a stream on my phone. About 74 minutes in will be when my misuss is getting pissed off with me watching it and I'll probably be walking out the hotel door on 74 and heading to the bar :P

Erm, the game is tomorrow 

56 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

I have never quite believed the £150 million figure. if £100 mill for 50% of Everton is correct that suggests Fox's statement that Lerner is not a 'motivated seller' and therefore not open to offers! 

Well he be lucky to get half of that when we go down and you know what I am actually happy about that. i hope Lerner loses alot of money on us when he sells. he ha sno-one but his idiotic self to blame for that

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well he be lucky to get half of that when we go down and you know what I am actually happy about that. i hope Lerner loses alot of money on us when he sells. he ha sno-one but his idiotic self to blame for that

Actually. i would prefer that he sell quickly.  The better the offer the more quickly he'll sell.  So I hope someone gives him a fortune, later today.

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

As much as I want Lerner to sell, I still get wary about who we could end up with. Dropping the price significantly increases the chances of a lower quality owner buying us (or at least it does in my head)

I still want whoever buys us to be a considered choice. I don't really want it to be the first person who scrapes together £100m

Valid point Stevo we dont want a carson yeung coming. You never know if start well and new tv deal someone might fancy us

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

would say evertons news at the weekend should have an impact on us and actually be used

despite what our rivals fans and detractors will say about us there arent many (if any) villa fans who think we should be winning the league every year or even CL, or that we are deluded in to thinking we have a god given right to be sat at the top table, there are however many many of us (myself included) who would happily draw comparisons between ourselves and everton, history, things we've won, standing in english football etc you can then go further and say we have better infrastructure in VP and BMH but everton get better results from the infrastructure, if you even look at the results, most played game in english league history and yet there is something like 2 wins in it (and not that many goals either i think)

we cant sell our club for £150m, they are selling half of theirs for £200m

How the **** has that happened?

Where do you get your £200m figure from?

From what I read Moshiri sold his stake in Arsenal for £200m and bought his 49% in Everton for around £30m.

Everton are £30m in debt, which might account for what seems like a low price for the club.

There is a lot of news stories about Moshiri handing out a huge war-chest but if wages are linked to turnover (£120m) how are they going to stay within the FFP rules?

I just see the Everton sale as a desperate attempt to prevent the club following Villa, as they struggle to keep their players like Stones, Lukaku and Barkley.

Goodison Park is in desperate need of renovating.

Everton seem to have very similar problems to Villa, in that expectations are set by past glories but their income is a £100m behind the tier above them.

34 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

As much as I want Lerner to sell, I still get wary about who we could end up with. Dropping the price significantly increases the chances of a lower quality owner buying us (or at least it does in my head)

I still want whoever buys us to be a considered choice. I don't really want it to be the first person who scrapes together £100m

For me, it's not about forcing Lerner to sell but more about accepting the responsibilities that come with being 'the custodian' whilst he still has the club.

It's not like the costs of running a sports team are new to him. If I don't want the cost of running and maintaining a classic car, knowing all the potential pitfalls I could encounter, both financially and emotionally, then I know well enough to keep my nose out of the **** Autotrader! 

Like it or not, he's still the owner of the club and it's not acceptable for him to shirk on the investment just because he's not up for the fight anymore. Sure, he technically can do what he wants, but there's just too many people affected by the whims his trustfund allow him to have. 

Speaking of which, someone made a good point in that the Lerner Trust technically own the club I believe. The people in charge of that are only responsible for the state of the trust, so I don't think we'd be allowed to be sold on the 'cheap', as they would want to recoup as much as possible. 

12 minutes ago, lmarsha_926 said:

The board wont react they have already proven they will do anything to reduce losses no matter what the fans do.

less go, less money spent of then club, if we are losing on 74 minutes it has no impact, fans left of 60 minutes vs Liverpool

OK you've convinced me now.

Call it off lads. We'll get them next time. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, lmarsha_926 said:

The board wont react they have already proven they will do anything to reduce losses no matter what the fans do.

I honestly couldn't say that these planned walkouts will work and have the positive impact on the club that those of us involved want them to have. What I do know is that by sitting by idly over the last 6 years and doing nothing more than calling for another manager to be made a scapegoat I have watched whilst the owner and board have neglected this club, and that is putting it mildly. By continuing to sit on my hands all that will achieve is more of the same and won't bring about change. At least with these walkouts there is a chance no matter how unlikely some perceive that to be.

There is a famous quote that says  “We have more power than will; and it is often by way of excuse to ourselves that we fancy things are impossible.”

If anyone is debating whether or not to walk out as they believe it won't make a difference I'd say lets have a go. Together lets try to get the club to change direction. No excuses.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

OK you've convinced me now.

Call it off lads. We'll get them next time. 

Much rather sit in after a game and keep chanting about the board the club have to do to do something they will wont out the ground, If you leave you take your voice and you ability to be a problem with you.

We need to be united not walking out and then going home, also depending on the result it will get washed up, if we are losing at 60 minutes the ground maybe empty before 74 minutes, and what if we are winning we have not won many so why walk out a maybe miss one.

To many outside factors which mean it is pointless, I would love to see 30 thousand fans as soon as the final whistle goes, chanting about the board and refuse to move

Edited by lmarsha_926

Â