Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

5 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

True, so let's start and give them a reason too.

Before long these remaining people still insisting giving their hard earned cash for this pollution to continue will be in the minority!

Would you keep paying a guy to constantly **** your Missus behind your back but convince yourself it will be okay in a hope the guy will get bored?

I'll bet that 3rd paragraph, took some thinking up.lol

I thought you was on the wrong site for a minute.:)

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

PM Mike if you want to help in some capacity, even if it's just to show your support. I know he's away this afternoon but it will be appreciated I assure you.

@alreadyexists As DDID mentioned in another post, he needs some help fleshing out the FAQ. Why 74th minute? What's the point? How can I help? That sort of thing.

Right wheel back on wife's car! Now need to help get Wheels back on AVFC!!

Got quite a few messages to deal with, but can I ask those again not directly involved to please help via Twitter, Facebook and other forums. Just ten minutes would be great. 

On Twitter I have been posting stuff such as

AVFC is burning down, help put out the fire. Get up, Stand up, Walk Out for Our Club #outthedooron74 #avfc

Get up, Stand up and Walk Out for Our Club #outthedooron74 #avfc

The website for our message is up. You can find it at http://outthedooron74.co.uk/

It still needs some more info adding, but it has the mission statement right there on the front page for people to link to already.

Can we make sure that we are including it in tweets and facebook shares etc, please.

@MikeMcKenna@dont_do_it_doug.@sexbelowsound@DK82

• Like 1

Coming in with a five year plan (which ended in 2011) - the only thing this plan seemed to be was to spend all money to get into the champions league.

Following this was the panic period where we didn't know how to stop the fallout from MON leaving. GH came in and although we were starting a period of cuts, we forked out 20m on Darren Bent in the january transfer window.

GH fell ill and instead of carrying on the work he was doing, we went for McLeish who had just been relegated at our Neighbours. This was after we allegedly looked at Martinez as manager. The period of panic continued.

We were still cutting and yet offered Given a 5 year contract on 50k per week even though he was approaching 33.

McLeish got the sack and the funding was cut all-together, with the manager given a small budget to rebuild. This was Lambert's first season as manager and we struggled to survive. There has been no major investment since, leading us to relegating in 2016.

Not included: sale of best players, those players not replaces, we lost Petrov - stability in the middle - through leukaemia and did not replace him. Constant shuffling of the coaching team due to different managers coming in, certain players dropped and then recalled.

Edited by DK82

My plea:

This is to all who are not sure this is a good idea, or who don't think it will work.

If you are coming to Villa Park, March 1, please think about joining in and letting both the board and the media know what we think of the way the club has been treated. This is not some hot-headed idea which has been put together in a rush. It's a build up of frustration - and something we are doing for all fans. From the old man who has been coming since 1940, to the future Villa fans not yet born who deserve a positive club to support in the future.

Our club is being held to ransom by people who don't care about whether you enjoy the match-day experience. They don't care if we lose two or three matches in a row. They see that as a false narrative as they believe they know better and that the money coming in is the reward which keeps the club going. Win, lose or draw.

But you cannot build foundations for a football club where the most important thing is under-funded. The playing staff.

This is why the time has come to make a stand and to show that we will not be beaten down. They may choose to use their own false narrative about how positive things are behind the scenes - but every single one of us who has stood in the cold and the ran over the past five years has seen the rot slowly setting in.

Now is the time to do something positive about it.

We are fans of the greatest club in the world. We may not be the richest, or no longer be one of the most successful, but we don't have a chance of turning that corner when the new chairman states that spending money doesn't guarantee success. Well Mr Hollis, it certainly only guarantees one thing - the thing we are seeing at this moment in time. A team which has been under-funded and left to drift away from traditionally much smaller teams. Bournemouth, Swansea, Southampton amongst others are storming away from us. They are now richer than us, they have more ambition, they invest in quality players and they are proving YOUR false narrative that spending money doesn't equal success.

The rot - and reason - why we are unable to compete is due to a lack of ambition which comes from the top. Stopping spending does not make that rot end - it just gives it more chance to feed and increase the trajectory we are heading in. Down.

So my plea, to those who are unsure, those who don't know, those who feel apathetic. Give this protest a chance. Walk out. Sing loud. Stand together. MAKE A STAND.

Let's take the first step to recovering our club.

• Like 3

Have just posted via major Villa FB pages - but need more 

Everyone whether you agree or not we are taking action And need more support to make this happen. In less than 6 hours today, have also launched a NEW website. http://outthedooron74.co.uk Please share

Also have posted similar on Twitter

ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT JOB BY CHEWIE AND THE OTHER GUYS BEHIND THE SCENES

This shows the power of fans taking action. Please bury your differences and Help. WE ARE ROLLING! 

Edited by MikeMcKenna
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, YLN said:

I don't like the idea of a walkout. The Liverpool one was to show what football grounds would be like without fans. This is to show that Lerner is destroying the club, but we're also doing the walkout protest. Why can't we come up with something of our own? 

Randy Lerner has made us into the laughing stock of the Premier League. I think we should return the favour. Flood the ground and the media with flyers and chants and flags about how Randy Lerner is a daddy's boy who ran his father's fortune into the ground with his own incompetence and stupidity. A total boob. An absolute idiot. Let's embarrass him in front of all his billionaire friends. Potentially an image of Randy with moths flying out of his pockets looking stupid with Al Lerner looking down from heaven with his head in his hands. Lerner would really hate that. Maybe both McGregor and Al Lerner looking down from heaven with their heads in their hands, or generally looking quite glum. Caption reads, 'Villa are an embarrassment to McGregor. You're an embarrassment to your dad'

5 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Exactly!

I like the idea of no one turning up to enter the ground whatsoever, but to lay black roses all round Villa Park against the walls of the stadium/steps and the half of the 'proud history' scarfs laying at the foot of the McGregor statue.

LERNER HAS KILLED OUR CLUB - WE 'THE CUSTOMERS' ARE SIMPLY NOW MOURNING THE LOSS!

Posts like this are just noise, I'm sorry. They're lethal to anybody who is actually trying to achieve anything. 'But why can't we do something with my pet idea, that I've just come up with, even though I'm not prepared to organise it'? @MikeMcKenna is trying to organise something; he's got further than anyone ever has before during at least my time on this forum, and probably much longer than that. 

To everybody - please stop derailing the thread with other ideas or petty objections. This is especially true if you're not even going to the game anyway. 

@dont_do_it_doug. Made some edits to the mission statement. Feel free to disregard. I won't take it personally. Honest.

While we do not support personal abuse of the owner, directors, manager or players, we, the supporters (who were here over a hundred and twenty years before them and will be here ad infinitum), also do not wish to be served any more platitudes by Mr. Lerner, Mr. Fox, Mr. Hollis or anyone else from within the organisation that is bleeding us dry. This is especially true in light of recent redundancies for members of security, tea ladies, ticket staff and boot boys.

We have been consistently fed a false narrative over the last 6 years and the current attempts at pacification by the club hierarchy are falling on the deaf ears of a jaded and cynical fanbase that has no confidence that those in power have the ability, or indeed the genuine inclination to take this grand institution forward.

In the interest of forcing a change of direction, we, a group of long term and dedicated supporters are seeking to mobilise the fanbase at large and as such, organise creative opportunities to give one combined and meaningful voice to the intense dissatisfaction and anger at the current state of the club. This is done with the intention of drawing international attention to Mr Lerner's abject performance as 'custodian' of Aston Villa, and his total failure to deliver on his promise of a 'Bright Future' 

To begin, we are declaring a supporter ‘walk out’ on the 74th minute in the home games against Everton (March 1st), and Chelsea (April 2nd). Such a walkout was recently effectively executed by fans of Liverpool FC to highlight the importance of fans to the success of football as a product. While their protest was about ticket prices, ours is to express our fears for the future of Aston Villa football club. We believe that the sight of an empty Villa Park on matchday is an eerie representation of the future of Aston Villa, either by virtue of fans staying away, or by eventual dissolution of the club due to a perpetuation of the current tragic mismanagement, if there isn't a radical change in the direction of the club

The 74th minute has been chosen as a tribute to the character and virtues of the founders of the club, and indeed the football league, and how such values are sadly lacking in the current incumbents. We feel a duty to protect the club both for its historic merit, and in the interest of preserving it for future generations, and as such will be furthering the cause with other more inventive approaches to giving a strong voice to a disaffected fan base.

This walkout is also a show of hands. We want there to be no doubts left. We will not idly take this any longer, and we simply must act. This grand old football club, the institution that we hold so dear, is rotten to the core. We are discontented and we are angry. The club cannot afford us to be apathetic any longer, the end of the tether has been reached and we are bubbling over. It is time for The Lion to roar.

IT’S TIME FOR OUT THE DOOR ON ’74.

Get up, stand up and be counted, walk out to save our club! Follow us on twitter - @OTDO74 and please use the hashtag #OutTheDoorOn74 to spread the word. You can also like our Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/outthedooron74/?fref=ts

Edited by YLN

19 minutes ago, YLN said:

@dont_do_it_doug. Made some edits to the mission statement. Feel free to disregard. I won't take it personally. Honest.

While we do not support personal abuse of the owner, directors, manager or players, we, the supporters (who were here over a hundred and twenty years before them and will be here ad infinitum), also do not wish to be served any more platitudes by Mr. Lerner, Mr. Fox, Mr. Hollis or anyone else from within the organisation that is bleeding us dry. This is especially true in light of recent redundancies for members of security, tea ladies, ticket staff and boot boys.

We have been consistently fed a false narrative over the last 6 years and the current attempts at pacification by the club hierarchy are falling on the deaf ears of a jaded and cynical fanbase that has no confidence that those in power have the ability, or indeed the genuine inclination to take this grand institution forward.

In the interest of forcing a change of direction, we, a group of long term and dedicated supporters are seeking to mobilise the fanbase at large and as such, organise creative opportunities to give one combined and meaningful voice to the intense dissatisfaction and anger at the current state of the club. This is done with the intention of drawing international attention to Mr Lerner's abject performance as 'custodian' of Aston Villa, and his total failure to deliver on his promise of a 'Bright Future' 

To begin, we are declaring a supporter ‘walk out’ on the 74th minute in the home games against Everton (March 1st), and Chelsea (April 2nd). Such a walkout was recently effectively executed by fans of Liverpool FC to highlight the importance of fans to the success of football as a product. While their protest was about ticket prices, ours is to express our fears for the future of Aston Villa football club. We believe that the sight of an empty Villa Park on matchday is an eerie representation of the future of Aston Villa, either by virtue of fans staying away, or by eventual dissolution of the club due to a perpetuation of the current tragic mismanagement, if there isn't a radical change in the direction of the club

The 74th minute has been chosen as a tribute to the character and virtues of the founders of the club, and indeed the football league, and how such values are sadly lacking in the current incumbents. We feel a duty to protect the club both for its historic merit, and in the interest of preserving it for future generations, and as such will be furthering the cause with other more inventive approaches to giving a strong voice to a disaffected fan base.

This walkout is also a show of hands. We want there to be no doubts left. We will not idly take this any longer, and we simply must act. This grand old football club, the institution that we hold so dear, is rotten to the core. We are discontented and we are angry. The club cannot afford us to be apathetic any longer, the end of the tether has been reached and we are bubbling over. It is time for The Lion to roar.

IT’S TIME FOR OUT THE DOOR ON ’74.

Get up, stand up and be counted, walk out to save our club! Follow us on twitter - @OTDO74 and please use the hashtag #OutTheDoorOn74 to spread the word. You can also like our Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/outthedooron74/?fref=ts

I'm taking on board your ideas and making a few adjustments as we speak. Noice one. 

Â