Your England Euro 2016 squad

VillaChris

We should have a pretty strong squad on form, especially if Sturridge manages to go a few weeks without breaking a nail.

Our problem will probably be that we don't set up to use the personnel effectively. I can see Vardy getting games but the team just not playing to his strengths, for example.

I'm looking forward to the tournament, just not necessarily our campaign.

With Rooney injured, very good chance Vardy will start the March friendlies if he stays healthy.

That's the one doubt really with putting him in the starting 11 now as he missed the November games so we don't really know how well he'd do for England given the different tempo at international level. 

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

With Rooney injured, very good chance Vardy will start the March friendlies if he stays healthy.

That's the one doubt really with putting him in the starting 11 now as he missed the November games so we don't really know how well he'd do for England given the different tempo at international level. 

international level is all about dropping to link up play when your an attacker and defences also play deeper which makes it hard for him to use his pace. Look at Costa he is hopeless for Spain because his link up play is not really great

Collymore is pulling for Troy Deeney on twatter.

What do you reckon? An old fashioned 'put it up 'em' player, combined with Vardy running after long balls out of defense.
Let's face it England have been awful for 25 years trying to play football like everyone else i.e. ticky taccy shit. Let's just take it back to the 70's/early 80's again - hell it may just win us the competition as no-one will see it coming :D

these are always hard because on one hand theres the squad i would pick and then theres the squad i think woy will pick, chamberlain falls in to the gap, if im guessing our squad - 

hart, butland, forster

clyne, walker, smalling, cahill, stones, jagielka, bertrand, rose

dier, ali, barkley, milner, delph, henderson, carrick

rooney, sterling, vardy, kane, walcott

that gives him several issues, missing chamberlain, welbeck, lallana, wilshere, gibbs, jones, mason, townsend, also think we are really weak at full back (especially left)

starting 11 - 

hart

clyne - smalling - cahill - bertrand

carrick - delph - henderson

sterling

rooney - kane

the main thing for me is finding the best balance, from what i saw in the qualifiers delph and henderson arent the most exotic partnership going but it was one that looked like it could actually work, its about the best midfield unit not the best 3 individual midfielders, think thats where woy will get it wrong, thought switzerland away, the understanding of the middle 3 as a unit and the front 3 as a unit was probably the best england performance ive seen in years, rooney is going to drop to be the top of the diamond so which ever midfielder is playing there and which ever striker is playing upfront with him has to be able to read his game and push past him, sterling IMO can, at times with welbeck and sturridge alongside him we seem to have 3 players all dropping deep or all drifting wide for the ball which doesnt work

Walker has been top class all season.

No barkley or alli in there yet carrick and delph who have barely played or performed are lmfao.

Are you roy hodgson?

13 minutes ago, YGabbana said:

Walker has been top class all season.

No barkley or alli in there yet carrick and delph who have barely played or performed are lmfao.

Are you roy hodgson?

like i said thats the team i think woy will pick, barkley hasnt actually done that much in his 19 caps and when he has played he's usually playing at the top of that diamond rather than in the midfield 3

if you read my post you can see i said you need to pick the best midfield unit not the best 3 midfielders, we picked the best and biggest names for the last 20 years and look at where it got us

If I was England manager I would go

Hart

Clyne Cahill Shawcross Cresswell

Dier

Alli     Barkley

Walcott    Kane   Rooney

let Rooney and Walcott swap positions in a free role and play Vardy from the bench when his pace will cause damage

• Like 2

Are France really favourites? Ant see why, they haven't played any proper games for a while.

team:

Hart

Clyne Stones Smalling Bertrand

Dier

Ali Henderson

Barkley

Rooney Kane

Bench

Forster Butland

Gibbs, Walker, Cahill, Jones (not a fan but RH will take him)

Delph, Milner, Ox

Walcott, Vardy, Sterling

Are France really favourites? Ant see why, they haven't played any proper games for a while.

Very true but they are on home soil. Thought they played well in the last world cup but lacked the maturity to beat a side like Germany in the quarters, they could have that now.

Just look at the talent they have to pick from...Lloris....Varane...Koscienly...Laporte...Matudi...Kongdobia...Pogba...Schnderlien...Griezmann...Martial....Kingsley Coman...

Will someone like Dimitri Payet even make the squad if they all stay fit.

Benzema is still an issue though, don't see him being selected as things stand and he'll be a big miss.

39 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

. . . absolutely should go. Zero per cent chance he will, but he should. 

he is a bit rough but dont understand why he never really gets a mention, id have him over Smalling or Stones any day of the week

Â