Your England Euro 2016 squad

VillaChris

23 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Very true but they are on home soil. Thought they played well in the last world cup but lacked the maturity to beat a side like Germany in the quarters, they could have that now.

Just look at the talent they have to pick from...Lloris....Varane...Koscienly...Laporte...Matudi...Kongdobia...Pogba...Schnderlien...Griezmann...Martial....Kingsley Coman...

Will someone like Dimitri Payet even make the squad if they all stay fit.

Benzema is still an issue though, don't see him being selected as things stand and he'll be a big miss.

Theres a lot of talk about how good Griezmann is but he's got less goals in la liga this season  than Bale has, who has been injured most of the time. I know he is more than just his goals but I think we undersell our players. Kane and Vardy are a match for anything France have got.

Edited by PaulC

Surely Vardy and Kane have to be starting up top for England no? I mean based on form Vardy, Kane, Dier, Alli, and Barkley need to be in the XI.

--------------------Hart/Forster-------------------

---Walker----Cahill----Smalling---Cresswell--

------------Milner-----Dier-------Alli--------------

------------------------Barkley---------------------

----------------Vardy-----------Kane-------------

Subs: Forster/Hart, Stones, Bertrand, Henderson, Sterling, Walcott, Sturridge

Reserves: Butland, Shawcross, Clyne, Carrick, Rooney 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Theres a lot of talk about how good Griezmann is but he's got less goals in la liga this season  than Bale has, who has been injured most of the time. I know he is more than just his goals but I think we undersell our players. Kane and Vardy are a match for anything France have got.

Everytime I've watched Atletico this season Griezmann seems to be the only one that ever scores. 

He's more of a wide forward really although noticed Simeone has been playing him at cf due to Jackson Martinez and Vietto really struggling to fit in and Torres being Torres.

If Benzema hadn't of messed up then him as CF with Griezmann and Martial either side would've been a frightening front trio with likes of Giroud, Lacazette and Coman as back up on the bench.

Edit; He scored 23 la liga goals last year and this season has 20 for club and country in various competitions. 

Edited by VillaChris

Yes theres no doubting he's a quality player and the forwards France have at their disposal are good but we're not too bad in that department ourselves with Kane, Vardy, Rooney Wellbeck, Sturridge and Walcott to pick from.

2 hours ago, YGabbana said:

Surely benzema will go though, hes in some of the best form of his career this season

Have you miss all the stuff with him and Valbuena and blackmail?

No idea when that will all get resolved. France have said they won't pick him until it does but can't help thinking it will be a sideshow regardless.

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Have you miss all the stuff with him and Valbuena and blackmail?

No idea when that will all get resolved. France have said they won't pick him until it does but can't help thinking it will be a sideshow regardless.

The restraining order has just got lifted in last few days

7 hours ago, PaulC said:

Begium's chances seem to have dipped. Hazard poor this season, Benteke no form, probably their best player De Bruyne a serious injury.

Belgium will still be a strong force, it's more than just an 11 with them, they have options on the bench who can turn games like when they put on Fellani in the world cup when they were losing 1 nil to Algeria and he turned the game.

Still got good players at the back, Alderwiedler and Vertongthen have been superb as a partnership for Spurs this season.

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Belgium will still be a strong force, it's more than just an 11 with them, they have options on the bench who can turn games like when they put on Fellani in the world cup when they were losing 1 nil to Algeria and he turned the game.

Still got good players at the back, Alderwiedler and Vertongthen have been superb as a partnership for Spurs this season.

Belgium for me is a myth, its like a really good Football Manager team but not that great in real life

• Like 1

Kompany is another one there's uncertainty around. But several of their other players also perform better than ever - Alderweireld, Nainggolan, Dembele and Lukaku. 
Batshuayi perhaps also in front of Benteke at this point. Would still be a big surprise if they win it, look better than England for me though

23 hours ago, PaulC said:

Begium's chances seem to have dipped. Hazard poor this season, Benteke no form, probably their best player De Bruyne a serious injury.

Meh, they're an extremely, extremely overrated team who even on top form have no chance of winning. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Belgium for me is a myth, its like a really good Football Manager team but not that great in real life

Hype job team, put them all together and they will not deliver as a unit. They also really lack top quality fire power up front at international level, none of their established strikers have a good record.

They still got to quarters in world cup and lost narrowly to Argentina so that's a building block surely in what was their first international tournament in 12 years.

As for the others I honestly think this is the worst Italian squad I've ever seen...they have so few top players playing at the top level bar the Juve lot who are all in their 30s now and probably past their best. Seria A has declined aswell so you can't say they're testing themselves week in week out against the best teams, just look at what the Meelan clubs have begun.

Still a problem with respect and mentality though....England's record against Italy in major tournaments is woeful. Still found a way to lose to an Italy team at the world cup who then went on to lose to Costa Rica and Uruguay.

Spain and Germany will be there or thereabouts. With Spain they still have so much quality but when I look at what they had about 5 years ago I think they're a lot weaker, had Torres and David Villa in brilliant form and now it's Diego Costa who barely scores for them and Paco Alacaer who does but dosen't quite play at the top level. Still got so much in defence and midfield though.

As have Germany but I was looking at some of the defences they were putting out in qualifying. Ireland scored two past them, Scotland scored 3 past them etc...could be a weakness there.

Maybe Portugal can have a run...probably Ronaldo's last major tournament at his peak as he'll be 33 at next world cup. As usual got plenty of interesting young players starting to break through into the squad but nothing up front again.

after watching them in qualifying and landing a pretty handy group I still think Austria are a potential dark horse, good few players playing Bundesliga and Premier League now and Alaba is a brilliant midfielder

Â