Sleep disorders

StefanAVFC

On 28/01/2016 at 14:54, lapal_fan said:

That's the feeling I've always described as euphoria.

I get it watching people painting or clay molding, as well as music - there's a drum solo in a song called "too far" by The Music which 100% every time gives me that feeling.

Happens very randomly, but shit's good man :)

i also get that feeling from clay molding, also the scissors thing thats been mentioned as well. there are a few things that give me that nice feeling.

• 6 years later...

Does anyone have any recommendations or success with reducing snoring? I’ve always snored a bit, made worse if I am really tired or had a beer. I very rarely drink, but now to the point where I won’t for fear of snoring louder!

Recently every night it seems to be worse than ever. The wife is fed up. I’m fed up. It’s a real pain in the back side. 

Nasal strips and mouth guards don’t seems to work, although I’ve just ordered a nose and mouth combination thing off Amazon to see if that helps together. I’ve tried an anti snore pillow too, but that’s a waste of time too it seems!

26 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Does anyone have any recommendations or success with reducing snoring? I’ve always snored a bit, made worse if I am really tired or had a beer. I very rarely drink, but now to the point where I won’t for fear of snoring louder!

Recently every night it seems to be worse than ever. The wife is fed up. I’m fed up. It’s a real pain in the back side. 

Nasal strips and mouth guards don’t seems to work, although I’ve just ordered a nose and mouth combination thing off Amazon to see if that helps together. I’ve tried an anti snore pillow too, but that’s a waste of time too it seems!

When I lost weight my snoring reduced. I am fairly big now and as a result my snoring is back pretty bad. I am also a mouth breather so that doesn't help. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

When I lost weight my snoring reduced. I am fairly big now and as a result my snoring is back pretty bad. I am also a mouth breather so that doesn't help. 

Yeah I could do with losing a few pounds although I’m not huge, but I have noticed a difference with snoring and my weight. I do intend on exercising more, but never stick at it. I need to make that change!

I've moaned about my insomnia in a different thread, but all through my working life I was the world's best sleeper - never, ever had any trouble getting to sleep or staying asleep, but could wake up to order at whatever time was required - I never used an alarm clock.  But a few years after retiring - around about the time we started looking after the first grandchild (which may or may not be significant) - I suddenly started getting bad insomnia. Never any problem getting off to sleep, but I'd wake up sometime between three and four a.m., and be stark, staring awake. Naturally, I'd finally doze off a few minutes before I had to get up, so I had to finally resort to an alarm system. Over the last couple of years, this has been exacerbated by the fact that I have developed chronic catarrh (I suspect it may be a food allergy), so every night features a blocked or runny nose, like the worst head cold you can imagine. It's got to the stage where I suppose I've learned to live with it, but I fantasise about the concept of having eight hours unbroken sleep, and waking up refeshed, rather than drained and bleary. 

• Sad 1

I seem to get a build up of mucus in my nose that then makes its way into the back of my throat as I sleep making me snore like an express train and will often cause me to wake up 

I gave up sugar for a few months and actually stopped snoring  ... so it suggest mine is some allergy type thing

For about 12 months I kept waking up with Telstar by The Tornadoes playing in my right ear. I spent many of the hours it kept me awake in trying to find out what the bloody tune was!

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

catarrh

Cheers for a new word :thumb:  I've never come across that one before.

I thought you were talking Klingon

8 minutes ago, BOF said:

Cheers for a new word :thumb:  I've never come across that one before.

I thought you were talking Klingon

no wonder we never learnt anything from the ask BOF thread :P 

2 hours ago, bielesibub said:

For about 12 months I kept waking up with Telstar by The Tornadoes playing in my right ear. I spent many of the hours it kept me awake in trying to find out what the bloody tune was!

Could have been worse.It could have been "Buffalo girls"

Just now, mjmooney said:

No shit, Sherlock. Just thought you'd appreciate him smashing the Buffalo Gals disc. 

Yes,that as well.You can probably tell that I am not a fan of Buffalo girls.Also fyi I am sure that quite a lot of VTers would not know who that actor is.

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Seriously? That's quite surprising. 

Yeah, everyone has the odd blindspot. I like when that happens :D 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I seem to get a build up of mucus in my nose that then makes its way into the back of my throat as I sleep making me snore like an express train and will often cause me to wake up 

I gave up sugar for a few months and actually stopped snoring  ... so it suggest mine is some allergy type thing

I’d love go know what causes this.

I find that I often have to keep clearing my threat all day due to mucus. When I was on holiday it went away and it was fine, soon as I come back i’m having to do it again. 

Not directly related to sleeping (sorry for going OT) but something sets it off. 

I drank a lot of beer on holiday everyday, maybe that the solution.

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’d love go know what causes this.

I find that I often have to keep clearing my threat all day due to mucus. When I was on holiday it went away and it was fine, soon as I come back i’m having to do it again. 

Not directly related to sleeping (sorry for going OT) but something sets it off. 

I drank a lot of beer on holiday everyday, maybe that the solution.

My Doc reckons its the M25 as we live inside it  and the pollution levels 

I've tried the saline nose rinse , Beconase and what not ..nothing has made any difference  , I've just sorta got used to living with the nuisance that it is 

i do find some days better than others , as i say it seemed to be cutting out sugar that helped me , I'm back in sugar junky mode at the moment but once I've polished off the Easter Eggs , I'll come off it and see if the theory is proven correct 

• Like 1

Â