Sleep disorders

StefanAVFC

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

My Doc reckons its the M25 as we live inside it  and the pollution levels 

I've tried the saline nose rinse , Beconase and what not ..nothing has made any difference  , I've just sorta got used to living with the nuisance that it is 

i do find some days better than others , as i say it seemed to be cutting out sugar that helped me , I'm back in sugar junky mode at the moment but once I've polished off the Easter Eggs , I'll come off it and see if the theory is proven correct 

I suspect mine is allergy to dairy produce (or fat generally). I often find that after eating butter, cream or fatty food, I get a mucous-y cough. If so, I'm snookered, as there is no way I could face a low fat diet. 

10 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Does anyone have any recommendations or success with reducing snoring? I’ve always snored a bit, made worse if I am really tired or had a beer. I very rarely drink, but now to the point where I won’t for fear of snoring louder!

Recently every night it seems to be worse than ever. The wife is fed up. I’m fed up. It’s a real pain in the back side. 

Nasal strips and mouth guards don’t seems to work, although I’ve just ordered a nose and mouth combination thing off Amazon to see if that helps together. I’ve tried an anti snore pillow too, but that’s a waste of time too it seems!

If it's effecting you and your wife it might be worth going to your GP.  A friend of mine snored heavily and got diagnosed with sleep apnoea and she wears a special mask in bed now.

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I suspect mine is allergy to dairy produce (or fat generally). I often find that after eating butter, cream or fatty food, I get a mucous-y cough. If so, I'm snookered, as there is no way I could face a low fat diet. 

Dairy  and fat could be a good shout actually as I’m quite heavy on both of them in my diet 

I need to live on water for a week and slowly introduce stuff back in and see when it starts up !!

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Re: ASMR and white noise/rainfall sounds etc. - I've tried them... and they all have the exact opposite effect from what is intended. They put me on edge, and make me feel uneasy, the very reverse of relaxed and sleepy. Podcasts and audiobooks aren't much better. My best results have been with music - some of the electronic stuff designed for the job is OK, but quiet, slow classical or jazz at very low volume is equally good (must be all-instrumental, no singing). Ideally something timed for no longer than an hour, as I don't like waking up to find it still playing. 

Weirdly, since starting with covid, my sleeping has actually been slightly better; I'm still waking up in the night, but I seem to get back to sleep more quickly. Odd. 

20 hours ago, Genie said:

I’d love go know what causes this.

I find that I often have to keep clearing my threat all day due to mucus. When I was on holiday it went away and it was fine, soon as I come back i’m having to do it again. 

Not directly related to sleeping (sorry for going OT) but something sets it off. 

I drank a lot of beer on holiday everyday, maybe that the solution.

I have a prescripted medicine to reduce mucus which I should take at night to sleep better. It's connected to my asthma. 

Thing is that when I haven't had beer or any other carbonated drinks in a few days I probably wouldn't need the medicine.

Â