Virtual Reality

villarule123

Bit the bullet and purchased the £199 GAME bundle. I’ve been considering it for a while and it was hard to resist at that price with 2 games.

Was all set to give a go this evening but started to feel like shit. Thought I’d better give it a miss as it’s my first time with VR. 

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, jjaacckk91 said:

What does everyone make of psvr?

Been considering it a while and I've seen the starter pack + move for £220 on amazon, is it worth it, does it still hold up after the initial buzz wears off?

It's a great experience but after a few weeks I cba to stick the headset on and I'm back to the normal TV. I think once I have finished RE7 I will sell it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I picked up a cheap bundle and really enjoying it so far. It's blurrier than I expected but very immersive. I haven't experienced any motion sickness.

Dirt Rally is much easier in VR and I noticed my lap times tumbling. If you are a fan of driving games then VR is perfect for them. 

Polybius is easily my favourite game so far. It's absolutely incredible in VR - It's like being inside a trippy 80s shoot 'em up. I would definitely recommend it for anyone - just bear in mind that you will have no clue what is happening for the first few playthroughs but the gameplay is very intuitive after a while. 

• 1 month later...

If you’ve got PSVR you must try the Astrobot demo! I don’t normally like platformers but this was such a unique and enjoyable experience. I’ve bought the full version.

• Like 1

Astron Bot has reviewed as basically the best ever VR game. Which is odd considering it's based on a mini game from The Playroom, but there it is. For anyone curious it's essentially Mario 64 VR. 

• Like 1

It's a good as time as any to get into VR. The headset is as low as £200 and there is now a decent sized library.

Resident Evil, Dirt Rally, Astrobot, Farpoint, Firewall, Skyrim and Superhot are all excellent titles in their own right with lots of other arcade and indie titles to keep your interest.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got back from this

https://www.zlvr.co.uk

Well worth a visit for anyone near Nottingham. It's the most immersive gaming experience I've ever had. 8 friends in a massive room, slaughtering zombies. Really simple gameplay, but VR in a massive room is incredible. 

Someone bumped in to me when I was in the edge of the lift, for a second I was genuinely terrified of falling even though I knew the floor was flat. 

• 1 year later...

Wasn't sure where to put this or if there's already a thread elsewhere but just wondering if anybody has the PSVR and any opinions on whether it's worth getting. Thinking of giving it a go but a little concerned it may be an expensive novelty which doesn't get much use.

Anybody have any experience of PSVR and does anybody know if the games that use it are any good? Also slightly concerned that a new PSVR may be coming out for PS5 so I guess there's a worry as to how much shelf-life it has too.

Edited by tom_avfc

2 hours ago, tom_avfc said:

Wasn't sure where to put this or if there's already a thread elsewhere but just wondering if anybody has the PSVR and any opinions on whether it's worth getting. Thinking of giving it a go but a little concerned it may be an expensive novelty which doesn't get much use.

Anybody have any experience of PSVR and does anybody know if the games that use it are any good? Also slightly concerned that a new PSVR may be coming out for PS5 so I guess there's a worry as to how much shelf-life it has too.

It's really good and when you first get it you will be blown away and wonder how you can ever play 'flat' games again.

Once the novelty wears off after a couple of months, it will sit gathering dust as you CBA getting it all out every time and just play FIFA instead. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tom_avfc said:

I've had one for a few years.  You'll use it all the time for a few months,  then the novelty will wear off a bit.  Having said that, there are some fantastic games available for it such as Skyrim,  Astro Bot, and Gran Turismo works in VR too, well some sections do anyway!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dubbs said:

I've had one for a few years.  You'll use it all the time for a few months,  then the novelty will wear off a bit.  Having said that, there are some fantastic games available for it such as Skyrim,  Astro Bot, and Gran Turismo works in VR too, well some sections do anyway!

Yeah that was the worry for me. There’s enough games coming out not to bother I think and with the ps5 coming this year I’ll probably just wait for that. 

• 6 months later...

My youngest had an Oculus Quest 2 for Xmas.

My only previous experience of VR was a short stint on an original Rift and a few minutes on the PS4 VR.

To say that I've been impressed with the Quest is an understatement. Its an absolutely incredible piece of kit and the VR aspect is stunning! Seriously thinking of getting one for myself now! 😀

If you have any more than a passing interest in VR then get yourself a demo on one of these. Pretty sure you won't be disappointed. 

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/12/2020 at 10:16, Designer1 said:

My youngest had an Oculus Quest 2 for Xmas.

My only previous experience of VR was a short stint on an original Rift and a few minutes on the PS4 VR.

To say that I've been impressed with the Quest is an understatement. Its an absolutely incredible piece of kit and the VR aspect is stunning! Seriously thinking of getting one for myself now! 😀

If you have any more than a passing interest in VR then get yourself a demo on one of these. Pretty sure you won't be disappointed. 

The OC2 is incredible. Must haves are Beat Saber, Eleven Table Tennis (my most played game, it's almost life like and better in a way because you don't have to run after the ball!), Superhot, Moss and there's a few more I've forgot. Netflix is great if you have family hogging the TV and big screen VR is great for watching your own movies/watching streams with other people around the world. 

If you have a PC then Virtual Desktop is an absolute must have, you can stream VR games from your PC to the Quest and it performs and looks better than the cable you can buy to plug into your PC, and it's wireless! It enables you to play Half Life Alyx and almost any other PCVR game. 

Edited by villarule123
  • Thanks 1

On 21/01/2021 at 17:15, villarule123 said:

Netflix is great if you have family hogging the TV and big screen VR is great for watching your own movies/watching streams with other people around the world. 

hold on, you can watch Netflix in VR?  or have i misunderstood what you are saying?

What does it look like?  only with specific TV shows?

Â