Virtual Reality

villarule123

12 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Pretty out of order tbh

It's a dick move.

"Oh, there's a hugely popular new product coming out, **** everyone else, let's bag a couple to flog for more money"

Edited by Davkaus

Just now, Davkaus said:

It's a dick move.

"Oh, there's a hugely popular new product coming out, **** everyone else, let's bag a couple to flog for more money"

It's hardly comparable to ticket touting though is it?

It's actually exactly comparable to ticket touting. There is apparently high demand, and no availability, so surplus items have been bought for profit. 

12 minutes ago, hogso said:

It's actually exactly comparable to ticket touting. There is apparently high demand, and no availability, so surplus items have been bought for profit. 

You know what I mean.

He's bought ONE extra.

Touts buy thousands.

2 hours ago, villarule123 said:

I've pre ordered two, one maybe for me and another for eBay. I have no soul :(

They sold out within 5 minutes, which was lucky because I didn't plan on ordering one until a guy at work said about it. 

Got any Radiohead tickets?

• Like 4

Along with the Wii,Kinect,Ps move & 3D tv's eventually it'll go down the same road...people won't  be arsed with it. While I appreciate they need to push for new products & ideas people simply want to sit with a controller & play. It's been that way for so long it'll be hard to break that type of gaming. Just my opinion.

Personally I haven't even bothered reading much about them because I won't be able to use one anyway.

I love the idea, i just wonder how you'd move around in the game without moving around in your physical space. An fps would b3 incredible for the reflexes, accuracy etc, but ducking for cover, running, sprinting would take the immersion out of it i imagine.

I think the long term aim of eroding the distance between gamer & game is a terrible idea and will turn swathes of people into those chaps in Inception who just lie in bed all day dreaming.

The current VR sets are still a bit silly and it is obvious that you are wearing them and playing a game so they don't really have the intended effect.

On 20/03/2016 at 20:22, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

I think the long term aim of eroding the distance between gamer & game is a terrible idea and will turn swathes of people into those chaps in Inception who just lie in bed all day dreaming.

The current VR sets are still a bit silly and it is obvious that you are wearing them and playing a game so they don't really have the intended effect.

I personally think that it will be no worse than gaming currently is. Gaming is already seen as a rather anti-social pastime and can see people vanishing off the face of the earth for days at a time. I personally think those that this would affect "negatively" are those that already play games perhaps a little too much at the expense of their lives, I don't see VR really altering the habits of those that play in moderation and have a social life.

Now I'm not discrediting that VR could be a negative as it could, I haven't used any headset for long enough to gauge certain things such as - "how does time pass you by wearing one?" or "is the VR that immersive people may miss meals and forget to eat?". These are all things hard to gauge on a show floor playing with industry reps prodding and asking questions about my thoughts, so you could very well be right but I also think that the people you summed up will do that anyway be it watching TV, playing games or sitting on the Internet..  

Â