Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

Never seen him play but I like the sound of him. U21 Italian holding midfielder who likes scoring from free kicks. Played for Verona with Gollini last year so as others have said maybe they get on?

I hope we are after him, sounds like he'd play in Westwood's position only 10 x better.

3 minutes ago, AJ said:

I, for one, am quite partial to the flogging of Okore, Richards, and Lescott.

In the town square.

With angry badgers in pillow cases.

Okore might just edge another chance from me, the other 2 at this point is a no brainer. I used to be a big fan of Micah, shame.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Okore might just edge another chance from me, the other 2 at this point is a no brainer. I used to be a big fan of Micah, shame.

Agree. He has been generally OK, but for that own goal against Luton, he should at least be spanked with a gerbil in a sock.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, limvillian said:

Was the emergency loan window not abolished? 

Pretty sure it has yep. Loan signings can only be made before September or in January from now on. Supposed to encourage lower league teams to use their academys. Not being well received by a lot of chairmen though so could see them bringing it back in a different form by next season 

12 hours ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Whilst that would be amazing and unlikely anyway, he announced about an hour ago that Man Utd would be his last club in Europe, so even less chance of him coming here.

did he say Europe or Euro??

10 hours ago, mwj said:

I'm not saying Joey Barton isn't "good" (for some definition of good).

I was making the point that Joey Barton played for City, Newcastle & QPR and has 1 England cap and Schweinsteiger played for Bayern & Man Utd and captained a World Cup winning German team. If Barton at the age of 35 can rip up the Championship, then what a 32 year old BS could do doesn't bear thinking.

Anyway, its tabloid rubbish so a moot point.

gotta say, seeing a 32 year old Bull Shit in the championship would be worth paying money to see

7 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

Been looking at some of his clips.  Putting aside WHU fans views, he looks very good in this video.   

wonder if hes been playing out of position at WHU.  Very distinctive poaching forward in this clip compared to winger in west ham colours

4 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

Bit concerned that we might be flogging Okore, Lescott and Richards, which would be good for all concerned but leave us with a paper thin defence to match our wafer thin midfield.

although Tony might have more players in the pipeline 

no need to stress... don't think any club is stupid enough to take them

4 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Could turn out to be a blessing at the end of the day. :)

Well, we seem to be more aggressive in the market since then! :)

1 hour ago, Mjvilla said:

Worst thing about the night shift.... Not having any speculation to look through. 

Best thing about the night shift.... When you wake up and have a whole days speculation to catch up on!

The worst thing about being on nights at the moment, is waking up to go to the toilet about 11am, having a quick VT fix before getting back in bed, and then not being able to get back to sleep..

That was the trap i fell into today. 

33 minutes ago, av1 said:

The worst thing about being on nights at the moment, is waking up to go to the toilet about 11am, having a quick VT fix before getting back in bed, and then not being able to get back to sleep..

That was the trap i fell into today. 

Haha I worked last night its currently 2pm only had 3 hours sleep so far but what am I doing...... checking VT threads, hoping we sign someone in the next few hours to give me the adrenalin hit to get through tonight.... this transfer window is taking its toll on me. I slept much better under Lerner....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Its grim pal, i don't know how I've got through tonight. 

Apparently phone screens give out more blue light which inhibits sleep enzyme production (basically wakes you up) don't look at your phone when you wake in the night, save it for the morning! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Apparently phone screens give out more blue light which inhibits sleep enzyme production (basically wakes you up) don't look at your phone when you wake in the night, save it for the morning! 

You can get apps that alter the light colour of the phone at night. I find it really does make a difference.

• Like 1