Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Cheikh-NDoye-Top.jpg

ASTON VILLA LINE UP POWERFUL MIDFIELDER WITH AN EYE FOR GOAL

Aston Villa’s start to the new season has been somewhat mixed, with four points from threeChampionship games and a League Cup exit at the hands of Luton.

Strengthening his squad remains firmly on the agenda for Roberto Di Matteo, with reports in the Birmingham Mail linking the club with a move for Cheikh N’Doye

There is this again.

https://www.kickoff.co.uk/69714/aston-villa-line-up-powerful-midfielder-with-an-eye-for-goal/?

1 hour ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I'd love to agree but, frankly, I have no idea about other teams in the League. I've been such a jacked up little Premier League monkey since its inception that I have little idea about any of these teams. I'll put my hands up! 

Having said that, on paper, our team last year should've done okay. Gelling is absolutely key. 

I think we have shown plenty of signs of gelling so far. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, guyavfc said:

We're in for Yedlin according to Percy.

Roberto Di Matteo is weighing up a £3 million bid for Tottenham Hotspur defender DeAndre Yedlin after stepping up his search for a new right-back.

Di Matteo has targeted the USA international as an alternative to Leicester's Ritchie De Laet and is considering a move before the transfer window closes. Yedlin, 23, is clear to leave Spurs this summer and Villa are keen to sign either him or De Laet to form a new-look defence at the Championship club.

Villa's much maligned director of recruitment Paddy Riley has frequently scouted Wolverhampton Wanderers defender Dominic Iorfa, 21, but it is believed his transfer fee will be sizeable.

Di Matteo is also determined to sign another forward, with Chelsea's Patrick Bamford and Huddersfield's Nahki Wells under consideration.

1 minute ago, DoubtGin said:

Why is the fee so low? 3 million seems very cheap given that everyone spends 10+ million for average players.

Plus it's levy we will be negotiating with you'd think they missed the 1 from the start

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, DoubtGin said:

Why is the fee so low? 3 million seems very cheap given that everyone spends 10+ million for average players.

He only cost spuds 2.5 Mill. They just don't sell at a loss. (sorry can't delete the tweet below) 

Edited by Barney_avfc

The article suggests Wells from Huddersfield is still on the radar as well as Dominic Iorfa from Wolves. If the Yedlin or De Laet links don't materialise, surely Chris Gunter is a decent RB choice on the cheap. The was a lot of talk about big moves after the Euros and here he is still at Reading, I'm sure I even read of a 1 mill release clause a while back. He wouldn't set the world on fire but seems a capable defender, surely an upgrade on Hutton. 

Point about Yedlin and our other purchases is that they are all comfortably good mid table premiership players. We are not just wanting promotion, we are building a team capable of staying up next season. Ballsy.

• Like 1

I'd rather Iorfa than any of the others linked but I wouldn't complain about any of the three, all good options.

A lot better than I expected at the start of the window