Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 minute ago, JPAngel said:

You're right, I'd hate to sign a player who performed regularly in a Premier League winning side ;)

would be amazed if he left them for us. but would be a great signing if we went for him (to Twitter)

Edited by Garvey13

If Albrighton returned it would mean I could go and collect my cat from the forest - I had called him Albrighton and he literally ran away when super Marc did.

We might need to feed Albrighton a diet of rats and baby squirrells until he aclimatises to B6 again.

• Like 3

Just now, TheStagMan said:

:-) Isn't Andre Green a R.W.? Not suggesting that we throw him in at the deep end, but if we get a replacement for Traore then Green could be good backup,

Definitely a good back-up, but not ready to be first choice IMO - not if we are going to dominate the league.

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I'm a bit unsure about bamford. Did well for boro but was terrible for palace and Norwich. Was it just one good year? I'd much rather Hernandez, hoping we still have an interest in him. 

Not to go over all this again, but Bamford is simply a better player.

To say he was "terrible" for Palace and Norwich is mental - he barely played for either of them and, when he did, still showed he's more than capable (e.g: near wondergoal against Man City).  He's basically 1 in 2 for his career - far better than Hernandez and with time on his side.

(I don't think Hernandez is even that good tbh).

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, bobzy said:

To say he was "terrible" for Palace and Norwich is mental - he barely played for either of them and, when he did, still showed he's more than capable (e.g: near wondergoal against Man City).  He's basically 1 in 2 for his career - far better than Hernandez and with time on his side.

To be fair, I didn't watch much of him for Norwich or palace, just got the impression neither set of fans were too impressed. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

To be fair, I didn't watch much of him for Norwich or palace, just got the impression neither set of fans were too impressed. 

They probably weren't - they barely saw him play :)

18 minutes ago, bobzy said:

And why didn't he play much for either team?