Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

On the american keeper front, Seitz has had some really good games in youth international play.  He's still quite young for a keeper.  I don't watch the MLS, so I'm not sure how he's doing now.

8 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

On the american keeper front, Seitz has had some really good games in youth international play.  He's still quite young for a keeper.  I don't watch the MLS, so I'm not sure how he's doing now.

Chris Seitz, the keeper for FC Dallas? Wouldn't classify 29 as "still quite young", but I'm not sure he can still play youth...

He is average to say the least. Isn't better then Guzan...

Che Adams from Sheffield United would be a quality signing in my opinion, he has impressed me from the little I've seen. He has a lot of pace and is strong for his age (19), we lack pace and power in midfield right now, he could give us this.

Just now, 007√ said:

Chris Seitz, the keeper for FC Dallas? Wouldn't classify 29 as "still quite young", but I'm not sure he can still play youth...

He is average to say the least. Isn't better then Guzan...

Good to know.  Saw him years ago and he was a monster (in a good sense) in the several matches I saw. 

1 minute ago, avfcwills10 said:

Boro signing Viktor Fischer and Praet :( reality hitting home

What happened to Viktor Fischer?! He was supposed to be the next big thing and was supposedly higher rated then Erikson coming out of Ajax!

Praet is a great signing!

11 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Che Adams from Sheffield United would be a quality signing in my opinion, he has impressed me from the little I've seen. He has a lot of pace and is strong for his age (19), we lack pace and power in midfield right now, he could give us this.

Mentioned him yesterday morning in my big list of promising young players worth looking at.  Think he can play in a forward position too.  Man City apparently showed some interest in January.  Promising young players is something we should really explore and I'm not talking about the Bowery's and Bennett's of this world. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, avfcwills10 said:

Yep, Fischer signed and Praet in 'Advanced talks'

Wow!  It's gonna be a long season but hopefully we can look at these type of signings again next summer. 

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

Lovre Kalinic

Tomas Vaclik 

David Ospina

Tomáš Koubek

All good keepers that we should be looking at if we don't go forward with Steer.

We could always go for Steve Mandanda. Very unlikely that he'll join a Championship team but worth a try.

Edited by meme

1 hour ago, avfcwills10 said:

Boro signing Viktor Fischer and Praet :( reality hitting home

It sucks, but Boro are just keeping them warm for us, until we go back up. remember how they used to snatch our players?

to be fair Boro have always had a knack of getting in exotic players somehow.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It sucks, but Boro are just keeping them warm for us, until we go back up. remember how they used to snatch our players?

to be fair Boro have always had a knack of getting in exotic players somehow.

`Yeah Juninho Mendieta e.t.c 

• Like 1

My thoughts:

Keepers - we absolutely need 2 new keepers. Neither Guzan nor Steer are good enough. 1st choice should be someone experienced but perhaps out of favour at a PL team. Not sure who.

Defenders - Keep Amavi, Clark, Okore. Get rid of Hutton ASAP, terrible player Pay Lescott to leave. Tell Richards he either agrees he's a first choice right back depending on performances or he can find a new club. Not a central player and never will be but is a great RB.

Midfielders - Need someone experienced like Carrick or Barry, then with keeping Gana, Gardner, Adama, Gil, Grealish, Veretout etc, we should be good there. Perhaps a proper winger e.g. Lennon would be useful

Strikers - Get rid of Gabby whatever it takes. Keep Ayew, Kozak and maybe Gestede. Blow the budget on a top striker who would play in the Championship.

The key is keeping our best players and replacing the wasters with far better players. £30m should do it and make us pretty formidable in this league.

I'd look for someone like Vorm or Pantillimon in goal, try and buy Dunk for £8m-ish, someone like Sam Byram on loan at right back, Tom Carroll on a free and perhaps Gaston Ramirez too.  Try and keep everyone except Richards, Lescott, Guzan, Sinclair, Bacuna, Hutton and Gabby (Richardson and Zog will leave anyway).  Perhaps a couple of old heads like Rickie Lambert up front and Gary O'Neill in midfield, I don't really mind who, just a couple of solid pros.