Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

I read in one of the articles that Moyes told them he would need to build 3 different teams and it impressed them. One to get out the championship, one to stabilise in the premiership, and one to push for Europe etc.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I read in one of the articles that Moyes told them he would need to build 3 different teams and it impressed them. One to get out the championship, one to stabilise in the premiership, and one to push for Europe etc.

Well the 3 teams thing is completely right, I believe. You might get some continuity in there, but each stage you'll need that extra step up in class. And there is no point trying to build a premier league level team in the Championship.

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Moyes seems to get stick for Fellaini. 

yet with all the hundreds of millions United have spent since Moyes left, Fellaini remains one of their most important players.

He really isn't at all one of their most important players.

• Like 3

Moyes gets his stick for signing Fellani, yet Van Gaal has signed equally bad players and even Ferguson had his odd failure (cough bebe cough)

20 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Maybe an exaggeration. But he plays a lot.

My point really was that he's a good player, but Moyes seems to cop a load of flak for signing him.

21 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Whether he is or isn't he's still 100x better than any player at Villa right now. If Moyes somehow enticed him to play in the Championship we'd win the league without trying.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Maybe an exaggeration. But he plays a lot.

My point really was that he's a good player, but Moyes seems to cop a load of flak for signing him.

He's a terrible signing for £27.5m.  That's why he copped flak - and rightly, IMO.  Doesn't mean he's a bad manager, though!

Edited by bobzy

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

He's a terrible signing for £27.5m.  

I disagree. 

You could say they overpaid for him, sure. But I don't think he's a terrible signing whatsoever.

Can't see mourinho wanting him there and he really doesn't seem the type to just be happy sitting on his arse collecting his wages, also can't actually see that many English teams going in for him.

Moyes could offer him the captaincy and a long contract with bonuses/wage increase for getting promoted etc (& release clause if no promotion achieved within a year or two) and it may suddenly look like an atrtractive option for him.

guessing it would take at least £15 mil to get him though

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I disagree. 

You could say they overpaid for him, sure. But I don't think he's a terrible signing whatsoever.

I said "he's a terrible signing for £27.5m" - specifically down to the value.

The problem with Fellaini is that I have no idea what his best position is and, in any case, he didn't fit the Man Utd team at the time (and still now for what it's worth).  It was very poor business.

37 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I said "he's a terrible signing for £27.5m" - specifically down to the value.

Yeah, I know. I'm saying I don't think he is a terrible signing for 27.5m, whilst agreeing that they overpaid.

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 03:35, sexbelowsound said:

A Championship team should be raiding the Bundesliga? Ok.

Very doable. Not sure why you think we couldn't. Need to show a little ambition, and there is tons of talent there.

Sadly we won't though...

16 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I'm not disputing that there are a lot of good players in the Bundesliga, I'm disputing our ability to go and raid them.

Good point... You are absolutely right in that aspect.

36 minutes ago, 007√ said:

How so? Ton's of little gems in the Bundesliga.

Budesliga > Championship sadly. Even going to 2. Bundesliga matches here (Union Berlin) is quite an experience.