Pre-Match Thread

Grasshopper

----------------Guzan

Hutton-Richards-Okore-Bacuna

----------Sanchez-Gana

----------------Veretout

Gabby-----------------------Ayew

----------------Gestede

That's kind of a mixture of what I want to see and what I think is realistic. I'm not sure why i've put gabby there other than a faint wish that he has a reaction to the new manager and puts in one of his rare good performances. I also think having plenty of pace up front will be the only way we trouble Arsenal. Sinclair just doesn't seem to be having the reaction we hoped he would.

I'm also liking more and more the suggestion of Adama up front, but I just don't think it'll happen, so i've stuck with Gestede. Again I think with other options Ayew would be the better option up front, but he may prove more use a bit deeper so we're not left with much choice up front.

Similarly, I wouldn't mind seeing Gil tried in attacking midfield, but given Veretout's recent improvement I think the midfield picks itself these days.

Edited by Stevo985

Agbonlahor up front Saturday to stretch their centre halves. I always say this then Gabby actually plays and I'm reminded why he hasn't scored in ages. I think him Ayew and one other up top. Try and pick our most physical, pacy side as possible.

If we could get a point from this then 3 points from the last 4 games isn't to bad a return given the fixtures.

There's a few good omens as well , Garde's old team , all their injuries, the score ?................Arsenal win 11-0 UTV 

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

The last time we beat Arsenal at VP actually occurred to the day 17 years ago on Sunday.

That 3-2 game which was one of the most dramatic I've ever witnessed at VP, not just the game but the Santa accident at half time. 

Remember it well mate.It was an unbelievable game. I was in the Trinity Road stand that day and couldn't believe what I was seeing with the santa hanging from the top of the stand and then falling. How he survived is a minor miracle and you'd think had it of been the new stand he'd have been a goner.Hard to believe that is 17 years ago.

Just couldn't believe how lucky it was that he didn't fall into a row of seats where people were but on the touchline. He had to have a leg amputated but that could've been a lot more tragic.

Yes the game was incredible, it was a very good Arsenal team back then and we were pretty good ours even if the season predictably fizzled out post xmas as is our specialty. It was fun back then though, might get the youtube up of it later. 

• Like 1

I'd like to see this lineup at somepoint in the match

Guzan

Hutton      Richards     Okore         Bacuna

Sanchez

Veretout            Gana

Traore                                               Ayew

Kozak

• Like 3

Just couldn't believe how lucky it was that he didn't fall into a row of seats where people were but on the touchline. He had to have a leg amputated but that could've been a lot more tragic.

Yes the game was incredible, it was a very good Arsenal team back then and we were pretty good ours even if the season predictably fizzled out post xmas as is our specialty. It was fun back then though, might get the youtube up of it later. 

He also married one of the nurses that tended to him so it had a happy ending.

That win can be attributed to a combination of Santa Claus and Stan Collymore.

Saw us spend Christmas on top of the league.

9 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Kozak must play for me, he's the most natural goalscorer we have i think

Kozak will never be seen in a Villa shirt again and will be sold in January

Three points, please (unfair, but we're desperate). Of course a point is better than a loss but we need to start winning as soon as possible.

Lots of injuries at Arsenal but we need to do everything we can to stop Özil.