The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

15 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Why do you think he would be interested?  I was surprised Newcastle wasnt looking him.

he likes villa as a club and provided he was left to it with some money he would relish the chance to take us back up. i think its the perfect job for him and us.

Just now, VillaCas said:

Pity you can't find at least one to quote

Use the search function. 

You'll see a long post from Monday which starts with "Remi still has a free pass from me." It even has a popular tag. 

Laugh away. 

33 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Steve Bruce. Wtf would Villa want him for.  Another hyped up English manager by the press who is awful.  

Moyes for me all day long.  Not sure he be interested though.

I think he has got teams promoted from the championship 3 times, so that might be what they would want him for. He wouldn't be my choice, but I think he would be a capable manager for us in that division.

I don't blame Remi for staying. Let Lerner sack him and have to pay him off. Probably view it ironically as some of the money Lerner should have spent in January which may have kept Remi in a job. We will never know but I'd do the same as Remi, "couldn't be bothered to help me so you'll have to pay me to leave since it's your fault anyway" kind of thinking. **** Lerner. 

Still don't know how anyone expects anyone in the world to motivate the self interested inbred dumb as **** dross currently masquerading as an avfc squad. What can Remi or anybody else possibly do with what's at their disposal. 

What are people gonna say when in 6 months time it's Bruce who can't get a single ounce of effort from these word removed's? Sack him?

Then what are they gonna say in 6 months time when Moyes can't get an ounce of effort from them? Sack him too?

Wake up for **** sake.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 3

Remi Garde is on the brink of being sacked by Aston Villa.

The Frenchman’s disastrous four-month reign at the Premier League’s bottom club is set to end in the next 48 hours as new chairman Steve Hollis prepares the club for life in the Championship next season.

Sunday Mirror Sport understands boss Garde has lost support in the boardroom and dressing room to such an extent that Hollis is coming under pressure to act now, rather than wait until the end of the campaign.

The Villans’ Under-21 coach Kevin MacDonald would take temporary charge of the first team until a permanent successor is found.

A Villa insider said: “Morale at the club could not be lower - and Garde’s demeanour is of a a dead man walking.

“He has hardly spoken to anyone at the training ground all week and it will be a relief to all concerned when the end finally comes.”

Hollis has already instigated a search for a British manager with a proven track record of getting teams promoted from the Championship.

Nigel Pearson, the former Leicester City boss, is the leading candidate.

After inspiring the Foxes’ incredible turnaround in form last season he left the club last summer. The team he built has kicked on to emerge as champions-elect.

Hull boss Steve Bruce is also on the short-list, but as a former manager of arch-rivals Birmingham City, the club’s hierarchy are mindful that his appointment could further alienate already angry fans.

Pearson has been waiting for the best route back into management and is certain to want some assurances about owner Randy Lerner’s commitment to the Villa cause.

Lerner has confirmed the club has been for sale.

Is he ready to commit to staying while Villa attempt to bounce back?

Former Villa midfielder and boss Brian Little has been brought in as an advisor and the club will lean on his expertise to find the right man.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-set-sack-remi-7591655

Edited by dudevillaisnice

British manager ffs. Why is this so **** important?!

Lost support in the boardroom? That same boardroom who completely and utterly failed Remi in January?

**** this crap man.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I don't blame Remi for staying. Let Lerner sack him and have to pay him off. Probably view it ironically as some of the money Lerner should have spent in January which may have kept Remi in a job. We will never know but I'd do the same as Remi, "couldn't be bothered to help me so you'll have to pay me to leave since it's your fault anyway" kind of thinking. **** Lerner. 

Still don't know how anyone expects anyone in the world to motivate the self interested inbred dumb as **** dross currently masquerading as an avfc squad. What can Remi or anybody else possibly do with what's at their disposal. 

What are people gonna say when in 6 months time it's Bruce who can't get a single ounce of effort from these word removed's? Sack him?

Then what are they gonna say in 6 months time when Moyes can't get an ounce of effort from them? Sack him too?

Wake up for **** sake.

Who needs to wake up? 

Everyone who thinks this manager doesn't deserve to keep his job knows full well that Lerner is and always will be the problem. 

But we're not that 'we have a shit owner so have free money' charity for under performing managers. 

Are we not? I remember us paying off and to get (lol!) McLeish, paying off and paying to get Lambert & his underlings ffs, paying off Sherwood. We paid to get various coaching staff. Who does this? Avfc do.

After being left for dead in January, Remi deserves every cent of his impending payoff.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Can anyone say 'scapegoat' again?

Scapegoat he is not just a very very poor manager. Should not have been appointed. The board and owner has been poor we all understand but surly every one can see thru this guy . Clueless why would we risk giving him a chance in an even more competitive football division next year. 

Should be saying this but I was told by someone who works at Leicester ( a scout as I work at Oxford United)  that Pearson was sacked because of the way his son was supposedly in pearsons eyes was treated unfairly after that video where his son used racial slurs against Thai people whilst on a club in Thailand tour oh Yeah and whilst also **** a  whore.  He didn't/wouldn't accept his son should of been fired over it for and bringing the clubs name into disrepute . And made this point to the clubs Thai owners. 

This is the type of man who could be our new manager ! 

Vile man whose record other than last season is dubious. **** right off ! 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

There seems a clamour in some quarters for continental managers.....when we don't have a continental set up....not now anyway.

If Remi is going.....

.....its getting the right manager that is the tricky bit, not where they come from.

Â