The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

Yeah i suppose proud is a bit strong, but I like the guy based on how he conducts himself in the press and just his general persona.  Dont have a problem with him blaming the players each week either and dropping hints about the board.  I think he has the right characteristics to manage at this level (not our level!!) anyway. 

Given up on the football side now and expect another 7+ defeats before were done.  Nothing anyone can really do about it anymore, last dice was thrown long ago.

Edited by lloydxmas
  • Like 1

Tbh I like remi garde, he's probabally the best manager we've had in a long while, but at completely the wrong time, I don't think he's a relegation fighting quality manager, but if we were mid table same as billic at West Ham think he could of taken us to the next level, but these players can't play his football. 

Plus I reckon he'll stay on till the end of the season to save face and show he tried which is admirable, but still I think he'll then walk for untenable working circumstances, false promises and disbelief in the ownership.  

For all intensive purposes I think we should offer him the chance to leave not fire him letting him keep face. But now that we're all but going down get in a grafter manager who knows the championship and getting teams up and get a head start on promotion so he can asses the team and youth before the window, get his transfers ready and come out the gates fighting next season, rather than wait for Garde to leave and have a two month gap to start over June/ July time .

Edited by Kbdrum88
  • Like 1

Tbh I like remi garde, he's probabally the best manager we've had in a long while, but at completely the wrong time, I don't think he's a relegation fighting quality manager, but if we were mid table same as billic at West Ham think he could of taken us to the next level, but these players can't play his football. 

Plus I reckon he'll stay on till the end of the season to save face and show he tried which is admirable, but still I think he'll then walk for untenable working circumstances, false promises and disbelief in the ownership.  

For all intensive purposes I think we should offer him the chance to leave not fire him letting him keep face. But now that we're all but going down get in a grafter manager who knows the championship and getting teams up and get a head start on promotion so he can asses the team and youth before the window, get his transfers ready and come out the gates fighting next season, rather than wait for rent to leave and have a two month gap to start over June/ July time .

How and why is he the best manager we've had in a long time? His record is woeful

• Like 1

Because I could imagine sherwood, MacLeish and lambert at man city with an unlimited war chest and still **** it up.. But I could see garde playing good football at a mid table club with the right players.

• Like 2

Because I could imagine sherwood, MacLeish and lambert at man city with an unlimited war chest and still **** it up.. But I could see garde playing good football at a mid table club with the right players.

And what makes you think that? The sideways passing, no goal threat, no going for games and the shite defending?

• Like 1

I've watched a lot of Lyon games before he came and read up on him before he was here and he played totally different I literally think the players just a lot of the time don't implement what there being told, stealing a living 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tomaspg said:

there are plenty of reasons for us being in the situation that we are, none which are solely responsible.

You could put me in the role of prime minister and let me try to acclimatise for years on end, i still wouldnt be any good at it at the end of it as im not a politican, like most of the players we have arent premier league quality and im having a hard time ever seeing them being such.

But as i said, it doesnt matter what tactics you have, or who is the manager when you have a defensive line which stands still and watch when the opposition score. you can have 11 defenders, but if they are as mobile as a brick there isnt a single formation or tactic thats going to make it work. Unfortunatley our whole club seems to be rotten from the core

I couldn't agree more.

I couldn't honestly say who would manage their way out of this.

I think there is a distinct difference between Remi being a nice bloke and Remi being a good manager.

1. Remi has conducted himself in a fashion that suggests he is a nice guy and my wife has served him in a store and says he is a decent sort.
  2. The conditions he has to work in,it is almost impossible to gauge his worth.

He would not have been my choice, but that is not meant to be derogatory, It means I knew nothing about him.

I see the woeful attempt on the pitch at resembling a premier league side.....but I have no idea the size of the task at Bodymoor, I think few people do.

I think this cesspit is too much for him and he is too brave for his own good....Arsene needs to be a real friend and tell him to get out while his reputation is still workable.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

There have been very few managers that I have been excited at their unveiling.

• Martin O'Neill
  • Graham Taylor
  • Ron Atkinson

perhaps Brian Little too......Ron Saunders was unknown as were so many.

Now.....Its like the remnants of a Syrian town.....I wouldn't know where to start.

I find it hard to blame Remi or Tim for that matter.....they are both too inexperienced for this debacle.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The article says Fox will rely heavily on Reilly in recruiting new players???

So the bombing continues ?

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think there is a distinct difference between Remi being a nice bloke and Remi being a good manager.

1. Remi has conducted himself in a fashion that suggests he is a nice guy and my wife has served him in a store and says he is a decent sort.
  2. The conditions he has to work in,it is almost impossible to gauge his worth.

He would not have been my choice, but that is not meant to be derogatory, It means I knew nothing about him.

I see the woeful attempt on the pitch at resembling a premier league side.....but I have no idea the size of the task at Bodymoor, I think few people do.

I think this cesspit is too much for him and he is too brave for his own good....Arsene needs to be a real friend and tell him to get out while his reputation is still workable.

You make some excellent points, I was just thinking if this is the kind of job they wanted the manager to do post-Sherwood, why on earth did they pick Remi?  He is obviously a guy for medium to long term improvement, changing the way the players train and the culture of the club, and then they just took away all funding at the first opportunity and utterly condemning us to a quick death.  It's just an absolute cluster-**** really.

36 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

You make some excellent points, I was just thinking if this is the kind of job they wanted the manager to do post-Sherwood, why on earth did they pick Remi?  He is obviously a guy for medium to long term improvement, changing the way the players train and the culture of the club, and then they just took away all funding at the first opportunity and utterly condemning us to a quick death.  It's just an absolute cluster-**** really.

I have a hunch that in reasonable circumstances where he doesn't have to solve the creation of the universe......He could be a good appointment to enhance things.

Its not a puncture repair kit we need.....Its a new ******* inner tube.

15 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have a hunch that in reasonable circumstances where he doesn't have to solve the creation of the universe......He could be a good appointment to enhance things.

Its not a puncture repair kit we need.....Its a new ******* inner tube.

I can fully understand where your going with this and I too agree that under very different circumstances he probably has the tools in his locker to move us forwards, however what genuinely worries me is the fact that this giant tanker is going to take some considerable time to turn, and I'm not sure Remi's qualities and strengths and I don't doubt he has them are the ones needed to do this. Which is why with a Hugh sigh I say that he should leave at the end of the season and Nigel Pearson should come in. Chalk and cheese I fully agree and I know who I would prefer to share a beer or two with, however that wouldn't bring us back up. Sad but that's how I see things now.

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think I might vomit if Nigel Pearson is our next manager.

Fill your boots!  I'm not a fan of him as a person in anyway shape or form, I just honestly believe he represents the best chance of coming straight back up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

Me too.

How long before someone suggests MON?

Good Lord no!! Just a quick question do you not feel that a huge part of Leicester's fantastic journey is is part due to Pearson's input?

Â