The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Garde has mainly let me down with his comments and team selection. He said players arent figthing or not good enough yet starts 10 of them vs Stoke. Im no fan of Clark but I would rather see him try and fail than watch Lescott lumber around like he playing a testical

also at Lyon he had a reputation for playing kids well he has had a few on bench last few games yet same subs in Sinclair and Gestede. the Lyden lad surely cant be worse than Westwood

I partially agree with you here Zatman - it is disappointing to hear Garde commenting on the players commitment prior to a match but he has been dealt a really shitty hand and we have unfortunately employed some real strokers as players.

Totally agree with Clark - he may be bang average but I've never had to question his commitment.

I don't see why we don't have three at the back with Okore, Clark and Lescott/Richards - we'd have to use Bacuna as  wingback, which I think is his best position. Cissokho has done ok at LB since his return.

I doubt Garde will stick around and I'm sure the players know this, which only adds to their apathy and inability to listen to him in training or on match days.

Sherwood got a lot of stick for tinkering with team selection and tactics too much, this manager keeps sticking to the same players and tactics and we are still losing. What is worse? I know he's got an impossible job but I never felt under him that we were ever going to get out of trouble. Just sleepwalkng to relegation 

50 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Sherwood wasn't tinkering.

He was making wholesale changes to tactics, formations, personnel every week, with no apparent direction or aim. Something he admitted himself.

Tinkering is fine, what Sherwood was doing was embarrassing.  

Exactly, I think Garde is picking the team I would pick almost every week, it's just that they're not good enough.  Sherwood was picking random XIs and deliberately excluding some of the newer players and failing utterly to integrate them.  Then there's the subs - that moment at Leicester will go down in legend.

I hope once we mathematically can't escape relegation that Garde will drop lescott, Westwood etc... stop using Sinclair and gestede - two of the most ineffectual footballers I've ever seen - as subs and start blooding in a few of the youngsters and others that haven't been given a proper go but are committed i.e Clark.

Personally I'd demote them all now and start using the rest of the squad but that's just me. 

I do like Garde but his choice to stick with lescott as captain and in the team have irked me and the failure to realise that Sinclair and gestede offer nothing at all annoys. I've stuck by Garde and will continue to do so but he frustrates needlessly sometimes.

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Once we're relegated I want Remi to play the players who he thinks will be here next season. Kids or not, doesn't bother me.

But will Remi be here to play those players?

I really don't think he will and think he and the players already know that too.

The board not backing Remi in January has seriously damaged him within the club (IMO)

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Remi Garde probably isn't the man for the job and probably only got it because he speaks French.

That said, I like him a damn sight more than I like anyone else involved at our club. 

what, the man who banned speaking anything other than English in the dressing room to prevent divisions? I don't think so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

what, the man who banned speaking anything other than English in the dressing room to prevent divisions? I don't think so.

I suppose you're right.

He was hired based on his vast experience managing British clubs in relegation scraps. 
His excellent record in the championship also stands out on his CV.

18 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He didn't. I know we all hate Sherwood and all but he wasn't as bad as this.

At least he got a reaction out of the players at some point. Garde has got nothing out of them. 

Not true that though is it? We went 5 games unbeaten, lost 2 then won the next. 

Then the players decided they couldn't be arsed anymore. Again. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I suppose you're right.

He was hired based on his vast experience managing British clubs in relegation scraps. 
His excellent record in the championship also stands out on his CV.

His job at Lyon was working under tough financial circumstances where they sold a lot of their best players and he had to rebuild based on a core of younger players, which in theory is what we were attempting (very badly, mind you).  He finished 4th, 3rd and 5th and won a couple of trophies, as well as a Champions League quarter final, so he had made a decent fist of it.  Our fault was not getting him in earlier but the damage was done a while ago and they decided they couldn't be arsed to get any of his transfer targets in to help out.  Now I'll be surprised if we win another game this season, if the best they can do after all the hard work that went into the run of half-decent form post-New Year is put in a couple of pathetic displays and post pictures of cars on Twitter then there is little any manager can do with such a bunch of gutless bastards IMO.

• Like 2

Â