The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Extremely poor from Garde IMO, just goes to show how much he doesn't have the finger on the pulse. The fact that Lescott continues to have any involvement in the squad is a total disgrace and Garde is highly culpable. 

Yet hes asking YOU not to protest. Disgraceful decision IMO, I am extremely disappointed. 

• Like 2

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Yet hes asking YOU not to protest. Disgraceful decision IMO, I am extremely disappointed. 

For the all the excuses, many of them legitimate, Remi Garde is doing a shit job here. I really couldn't care less if he's not here next season, it's no loss.

• Like 2

For what it's worth with Lescott, I can actually believe the tweet was an accident. If you have Twitter open, it only takes one knock to hit new tweet, and another to select the picture (most recently saved pictures pop up immediatey when new tweet is pressed, as it would be if the team mate had just sent the pic on whatsapp). If he didn't lock it before putting it in his pocket I can see how it could happen.

Doesnt excuse the performance though, complicit in it as were the other 10.

15 minutes ago, Rodders said:

or maybe he prgmatically decided he and okore are still the best partnership and creating more discord right now by "sacking" the captain is not the better of the options available to him

Discord? Surely "sacking" lescott would have bought fans together and closer to the team? Get more fans onside with Garde a little more?

his priority is the team and how it fares ( and so be it, results are on him ). I'd hate to see him make a decision on the team just to appease us lot. Ultimately, he's the one who works with them day in and day out, deferring to the crowd is in general a populism I loathe in any domain. Make the decision you believe is most likely to get a result. I do think Remi will be happy to bin him off at the end of the season, mind. It may also be the whole "right, prove you want it" follow up as well. But we shall see. Another stinker that costs us points and fine, time to criticise. 

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't really give a shit if Lescott plays or not. I want the best team we have out there.

And to be fair to Lescott he's been very good in the first half. 

Yep. I'd rather have our best team out there than to reprimand a player. Just something we can't afford at this point.

Right manager wrong time. If he's gunna go in the summer dare I say we go for Pearson now. Instilling fight into these pussys. That's the level we will be looking at next season as no manager the calibre we think we deserve will go near us. Sad times 

Â