The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

19 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

The person that should be hearing that level of abuse is sat in a plush penthouse in Americaland.

He went AWOL because he knew what cost cutting would do and then threw managers under the bus to take pressureoff, when that started to go wrong for him he put us up for 'sale'.

the **** lying word removed.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Neil said:

Was a half decent piece on talk sport about villa just a short while ago.  Got all the points right about us, and they rounded off with the players not lacking the want to try...they're simply not good enough.

They made some interesting points that this was even apparent in pre season.

There was also a very good piece on the Monday Night Club about Villa, just listening to it on catch up. Agreed with most of what they said except for the Nigel Pearson love in

28 minutes ago, av1 said:

Uploaded to YouTube.

Sounds like about ten pissed up blokes but hardly helpful anyway.

9 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Garde didn't deserve that, and you can see on his face he looked surprised by it. 

Well whilst watching the clip was a little uncomfortable I'm afraid that when no one seems to be listening to the fans or fans feel they cannot get their message across or the owner is basically non existent then people get frustrated and want someone to hear them. Hopefully Garde is sufficiently shocked to be able to report back to Lerner that the fans are mightily pissed off in one of his private chats he flies out to have with him. We sure as hell cant talk to Lerner directly so hopefully Garde will get it across

3 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Like everyone else I am angry, hurt etc but the so called fans slagging the players and Garde getting onto the coach are a disgrace and an embarrassment. 

Really? I think ive agreed with all your posts of late Mike but not this one. 

Those bastards want stoning not slagging off!

I thought we'd finally turned a corner after the West Ham game. I really don't know wtf happened against Norwich and Sunderland, but things are getting worse not better, if we can't compete against those sides exactly who are we going to get points from?

I'm not sure the blame can be placed at Gardes feet, but he is the manager. Even if the players are shit they should still be giving 110% considering the situation were in.

3 minutes ago, Richard said:

hopefully Garde will get it across

Lerner is an imbecile who doesn't want anything more to do with the club. There's nothing Remi can say to him.

4 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Like everyone else I am angry, hurt etc but the so called fans slagging the players and Garde getting onto the coach are a disgrace and an embarrassment. 

Not sure I agree Mike . You have to get the message across by whatever peaceful men's you can. You agree to the protest be hire the game, as do I . To what ends? Probably because you want soneone to hear the message. Can't turn the volume down because it's a little embarrassing. What's the point if they don't get it?

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Lerner is an imbecile who doesn't want anything more to do with the club. There's nothing Remi can say to him.

I've seen in here comments that we should make it uncomfortable for Lerner, how exactly do we do that? If his direct reports are all complaining to him on a regular basis about this and the treatment they are getting I'd say he might be a bit uncomfortable 

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

Well whilst watching the clip was a little uncomfortable I'm afraid that when no one seems to be listening to the fans or fans feel they cannot get their message across or the owner is basically non existent then people get frustrated and want someone to hear them. Hopefully Garde is sufficiently shocked to be able to report back to Lerner that the fans are mightily pissed off in one of his private chats he flies out to have with him. We sure as hell cant talk to Lerner directly so hopefully Garde will get it across

More than "a little uncomfortable" for me. I accept your point but this isn't the way. I wish the fans would direct their anger at Lerner at VP on Match days, I am convinced that if he had the stick that Ellis got, he couldn't take it and would ****** sell to be rid of us. Some will say he doesn't go to games but he claimed to watch every game and massive abuse would get back to him. 

7 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Really? I think ive agreed with all your posts of late Mike but not this one. 

Those bastards want stoning not slagging off!

Sorry mate don't agree. I reserve all my ire for Lerner. 

• Like 1

Mike he doesn't turn up match days protests are more about telling the media how we feel more than him, In my opinion. The abuse that his direct reports got on that clip has more chance of being reported back than a match day protest. It all adds to the pressure. With Doug protests could work with Lerner I'm afraid it has to be a combination and to be honest I applaud that small band of fans

Probably not something Garde has ever experienced. He's never been involved in such a failing outfit.

That being said, I wouldn't do what these fans did, but the frustration is understandable. There is no other way to show how you feel than on the day. There are no fan representatives meetings with the owner or direct communication. I get the frustration but there's nothing me or a handful of fans can chant to change it. Lerner wants out. Telling him to leave is a waste of time.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Neil said:

if you're telling me that its impossible to get them playing any better then you're telling me that Tim Sherwood was already the best we could get and was already getting the maximum from this squad...i don't believe that, I don't think you do either.

As shit as our squad is, garde is not doing a very good job with them.  Not making the right changes, enough changes, at the right times.  Bad selections and percevering with some losing formula's just to name a few.

All mistakes that reflect in his relative lack ofmanagement experience and timeframe for finding his feet with this team.

My position is clear, we have gone past the point of return and we need to stick with what we have and hope that our manager improves his performances as well as that of the team.

But this excuse making for him in that the team cannot perform any better is bullshit.  He needs to improve, and learn from his mistakes before the season is out - I am behind him until then.

Also pinning all this "is not his team", get used to it as mangers have their ideas on who they want...and our transfer committee has their idea of what we can get and who we can afford.

I am no anti garde, he has me for this season - but please stop with the bullshit excuses already.

I'm not making excuses for Garde and I'm not a massive supporter either - he may turn out to be a complete disater however where we differ is you expected him to make a difference within 9 games and I didn't.  I expect to see some improvement after the transfer window and then a complete overhaul during the close season.

I also think that Sherwood needed to go, not because he was not getting the best out of the squad but because he had overseen (together with Fox and Co) the construction of a squad so fundamentally flawed that relegation was a nailed on certainty. Someone new had to come in to completely rebuild. 

Player for player I don't actually think that the squad is the worst in the PL but taken as a whole they are. We have far too many options in some areas and literally nothing in others.  We arn't getting outplayed and turned over 5-0 every week but we just cant score enough goals to win a match because of the crippling deficencies in the squad

Whatever we both seem to agree that a change of manager at this time would be counter-productive

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Mike he doesn't turn up match days protests are more about telling the media how we feel more than him, In my opinion. The abuse that his direct reports got on that clip has more chance of being reported back than a match day protest. It all adds to the pressure. With Doug protests could work with Lerner I'm afraid it has to be a combination and to be honest I applaud that small band of fans

I agree with you in principal, but some of this was just a tad too personal...it was up close and should have stayed with the boundaries of booing.

On 03/01/2016 at 14:42, TRO said:

but we could defend

so attacking was not so much of a risk.

well better than this season but we did concede 50 goals from 42 games. Defence was the thing Saunders changed with the replacement of Nicholl and Phillips. Now though we are crap in both depts and that is something Garde hasn't resolved as yet

Â