The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

19 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Apart from the ridiculous sentiment, it's hardly even English. "The people you have chosen the live", what the **** does that mean? This imbecile is an elected politician. 

if we discounted things on the internet for "hardly being English"  , we'd never read a single thing Dem posts again :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

if we discounted things on the internet for "hardly being English"  , we'd never read a single thing Dem posts again :)

I've just written to a firm of solicitors telling them if they can't be bothered to write their request in English then I can't be bothered to read it

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

dem.jpg

• Like 3

In a move that must be gutting for young Tories across the UK, Nando's has declined to be part of the Conservative Party's plans to offer a retail discount card to attract new members.

Joe.co.uk

:crylaugh:

1 hour ago, Xann said:

In a move that must be gutting for young Tories across the UK, Nando's has declined to be part of the Conservative Party's plans to offer a retail discount card to attract new members.

I suppose all companies like Nando's can't be seen to promote far right organisations such as you mention. ? 

Britain’s Big Squeeze

In Britain, Austerity Is Changing Everything

After eight years of budget cutting, Britain is looking less like the rest of Europe and more like the United States, with a shrinking welfare state and spreading poverty.

... At Fulwood Green Medical Center in Liverpool, Dr. Simon Bowers, a general practitioner, points to austerity as an aggravating factor in the flow of stress-related maladies he encounters — high blood pressure, heart problems, sleeplessness, anxiety.

He argues that the cuts, and the deterioration of the National Health Service, represent a renouncement of Britain’s historical debts. He rattles off the lowlights — the slave trave, colonial barbarity.

“We as a country said, ‘We have been cruel. Let’s be nice now and look after everyone,’” Dr. Bowers says. “The N.H.S. has everyone’s back. It doesn’t matter how rich or poor you are. It’s written into the psyche of this country.”

“Austerity isn’t a necessity,” he continued. “It’s a political choice, to move Britain in a different way. I can’t see a rationale beyond further enriching the rich while making the lives of the poor more miserable.”...

New York Times

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

When is there a General election in the UK by date and when you think it will be ? (I quite like them)

It's a new game show called Ask Arlene

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Without watching the video and purely looking at the headline. 16 years is hardly Windrush. I have shoes older. 

Therein lies a problem. It's not all 'Windrush'. If the end result of the issues that have been highlighted around those cases is to see them (i.e. 'Windrush') as some sort of benchmark then that's more than a real shame.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, bickster said:

It's a new game show called Ask Arlene

I am looking forward to the new "Strong and Stable",  I thought that was hillarious to be honest.  If they were "Strong and Stable" back then,  WTF are they now.

Â