The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

36 minutes ago, Genie said:

Hunt is preparing a tax cut in next weeks Autumn statement. 
Inheritance tax that is :lol:

That’ll help with the cost of living, thanks Jezza.

Yep that'll win them the votes of all the people they need to vote for them that currently aren't

It'll certainly strengthen the resolve of an awful lot of current Labour voters to actually vote

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Genie said:

Hunt is preparing a tax cut in next weeks Autumn statement. 
Inheritance tax that is :lol:

That’ll help with the cost of living, thanks Jezza.

Trouble is, there will be plenty of people, and some of them on this very board, that won’t be able to see it’s a tax cut for rich tory voters.

They’ll be told it’s a tax cut, small print will be its for people inheriting a £400,000 house and means less tax revenue for spending on schools or libraries, and they’ll some how do the magic thinking that it benefits them or their children.

People just hear tax cut and start touching themselves.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Trouble is, there will be plenty of people, and some of them on this very board, that won’t be able to see it’s a tax cut for rich tory voters.

They’ll be told it’s a tax cut, small print will be its for people inheriting a £400,000 house and means less tax revenue for spending on schools or libraries, and they’ll some how do the magic thinking that it benefits them or their children.

Plus yer average punter in this country would think the threshold on inheritance tax is way lower than the reality.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

A mate of mine was asking if you could write that again........a few times.  Maybe in Capitals. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

The BBC allowed comments on that story, when I looked earlier there was over 1,300 comments and not a single one backed the idea.

Maybe The Sun readers would give it a warmer reaction.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Hunt contemplating reducing inheritance tax. Oh goody, plenty of help for the unemployed,sick,hungry, cold aristocracy there then. 

Yep, 4% of the population get caught by inheritance tax. You can probably guess if they are the people struggling with the cost of living or not.

It’s another raid on the public coffers for their wealthy friends before they are booted out.

7 minutes ago, meregreen said:

I’m not in favour of tax cuts while public services are crumbling. But if they must, the basic tax allowance is the obvious thing to uprate. I’m not gonna hold my breath.

Yep, 100% agree. Or reduce VAT.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yep, 4% of the population get caught by inheritance tax. You can probably guess if they are the people struggling with the cost of living or not.

It’s another raid on the public coffers for their wealthy friends before they are booted out.

I was staggered. Following a bereavement, I thought "well, I guess the taxman will take a chunk maybe 40% or something, then whatever's left can get divvied out as per the will. Fair enough I suppose". The reality turns out to be "no, no IHT, it has to be loads of money before any is due, you're fine".

But on the other hand, the band for 40% income tax has been inflated way down from where it would have been if it had kept up with inflation. It seems like addressing that a bit  that would be a sweeter spot for Tory voters to start touching themselves over.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, limpid said:

We haven't got inflation under control. There is no way we should be cutting taxes until that is done.

I think it’s more nuanced than that, inflation is being mainly driven by energy and food costs. Not stuff luxuries like holidays and electrical goods as we’ve seen in the past.

I personally think a small cut in tax would improve the economy and have little to no impact on inflation.

Edited by Genie

2 hours ago, Genie said:

It is a concen

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

And this is how they’ll fund the inheritance tax for the rich

Not convinced that’s to fund anything, he's got a surplus to play with now. Cutting benefits to the poorest is just scummy ideology

Â