The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

33 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

It was all part of her plan to get the UK out the European Court of Human Rights. That'll be the line all the Brexit throbbers push. Europe is telling us what we can do, Brexit means Brexit all over again 

Although, I believe the judgement also cited the UN Refugee Convention - so even if they *were* to somehow succeed with all of the above, the plan still wouldn't be lawful.

17 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

she was screaming encouragement for hate marches, racism and intimidation

That’s perhaps the only bit where I don’t think you’re right. In a way what she did was more harmful than if she’d “screamed” encouragement. She instead spoke or wrote calmly and measuredly not so much encouragement, but a kind of absence of disapproval for far right nobbers, while labelling vast swathes of mostly peaceful people as hate marchers.

Whatever, an over ambitious mouth breather who probably doesn’t even believe what she said

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Genie said:

I want to know how much of our money they spent on Rwanda, which was always destined for failure. Anybody could see that.

Sack worthy offence alone.

About £140 million so far

• Sad 2

22 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Although, I believe the judgement also cited the UN Refugee Convention - so even if they *were* to somehow succeed with all of the above, the plan still wouldn't be lawful.

Not just the Refugee Convention, there's a whole bunch more too. Some legal bod on the radio just now claiming we'd have to withdraw from the entire international treaty set up and become a complete pariah state.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Then the indirect cost of housing them for years because they couldn’t be arsed to process their applications.

And the legal fees - the 140 million is just the cost to set up the facility in Rwanda so far.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

Then the indirect cost of housing them for years because they couldn’t be arsed to process their applications.

As always to the financial benefit of a massive private company I believe (Serco).

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Genie said:

Back? They didn’t come from Rwanda, is he aware of that?

He doesn't care where they come from, Rwanda, Bongobongoland, Leicester, whatever, get them on the **** plane

The nicest thing I can say about Lee Anderson is he's not a man who overthinks the details.

Edited by Davkaus

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He doesn't care where they come from, Rwanda, Bongobongoland, Leicester, whatever, get them on the **** plane

The nicest thing I can say about Lee Anderson is he's not a man who overthinks the details.

"If there's something that you want to do but it's illegal then you should just do it anyway" is a rich vein running through Toryism.

Whether it's deportations, public money or sexual consent.  

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

So Sunak appears to be sticking with the Rwanda plan and will change domestic law in order to do it.

Has he actually read the judgement?

Makes you wonder why he didn’t pull those levers earlier if it would unblock the problem?

Oh, because they won’t, and it’s more worthless sound bites to buy a bit more time.

• Like 2

Â