The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

So it seems were getting food waste bins, something we don't have here in Solihull. 

So immediately after Sunaks promise we get an extra bin.  That's not going to go down well with the throbbers.

You’ll be needing a bin shed now then

• Like 1

15 hours ago, blandy said:

A composting bin for food scraps would be ok, but just putting cooked food waste into a plastic bin to be emptied every 2 weeks is just a recipe for mould, disease and stench.

We don’t have the food bins here, but when my Mom was alive she had one and it was…as described. And the thing is as well, if it’s in the kitchen, then the house warmth speeds up the mould and if it’s outside then in summer, ditto and in winter it’s too small and light not to get blown over. And obviously you have to take your plates outside to scrape them into the bin.

I’m all for composting, reusing, recycling, cutting down on waste, but these bins are crap  

I agree with you. I seen them introduced years ago when i lived 'daan saaouth' and laughed.

I've moved up to the northwest a few years back and they're here too and I've still never ever used them.

What an absolute waste of time they are. They're in the bin alongside paying the council £40 a year to make compost out of my grass cuttings.

Both can sod off.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

No idea if the original source is typically worth listening to.

Edit - ok he’s the former Sunday times political editor. Leave it to the reader if that brings any more validity to it.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

^^ seen it suggested that there may be a certain click baity-ness quality to that tweet and the times article that it’s referencing may not paint quite such definitive revolt.  Maybe it’s more the threat of it at the moment.

10 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

No idea if the original source is typically worth listening to.

"Still Somehow The Worst Shipman" (h/t @HanoiVillan) is probably the most reliable journalist for reporting on what's going on inside the Tory party since James Forsyth left The Spectator to help Sunak destroy his reputation.

It's going to be interesting how that sort of journalist who relies on their knowledge of Tory party infighting as their reason to appear on rolling news / on podcasts / in the papers deals with a new set of characters that they've never really had to show any interest in before.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 2

They are banging on about tax cuts again. 

They're all mad

It would only make sense as a scorched earth strategy to leave labour to deal with. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

They're all mad

It would only make sense as a scorched earth strategy to leave labour to deal with. 

And that is probably why they'll do it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

They're all mad

They need to do it the day before the GE otherwise they’ll have to clear up the mess like when Truss said it.

14 hours ago, bickster said:

I see Sunaks “treasury phone” is still in use

The one he told the Covid enquiry he didn’t have any more

Like the window onto the number 10 garden he said he never looked out of so couldn’t confirm any parties.

On 21/10/2023 at 17:08, blandy said:

A composting bin for food scraps would be ok, but just putting cooked food waste into a plastic bin to be emptied every 2 weeks is just a recipe for mould, disease and stench.

We don’t have the food bins here, but when my Mom was alive she had one and it was…as described. And the thing is as well, if it’s in the kitchen, then the house warmth speeds up the mould and if it’s outside then in summer, ditto and in winter it’s too small and light not to get blown over. And obviously you have to take your plates outside to scrape them into the bin.

I’m all for composting, reusing, recycling, cutting down on waste, but these bins are crap  

What do you do today with your food scraps and why dont they lead to mould, disease and stench? I dont see how a dedicated bin is not better, certainly is for us. You pop a compostable bin liner into the bin, you empty it into a larger bin outside, it gets picked up once a week. 

• Like 2

Â