The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

45 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Unsurprisingly Sunak says Braverman didn’t breach the ministerial code on this occasion.

She must have some exceptionally juicy dirt on him.

15 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

She must have some exceptionally juicy dirt on him.

My sense is that it’s party management by Sunak. Keep the frothing levels of the right of the party less frothy than they would be if he sacked her.

As a wise man once put it -

On 20/05/2023 at 19:45, chrisp65 said:

Sunak’s Choice: does he want her outside the tent pissing in, or in the tent, pissing in it.

• Like 2

Boris Johnson will no longer work with government-appointed lawyers for the Covid inquiry, after he was referred to the police over further potential rule breaches during the pandemic. 

Allies of the former PM said he had lost all confidence in the Cabinet Office, which handed over the material.

The Cabinet Office said officials had been obliged to disclose the documents under civil service rules.

No 10 said neither ministers nor the PM were involved in the decision.

Mr Johnson was said to be "livid" that the material was passed to the police and had lost confidence in the objectivity of the leadership at the Cabinet Office - both ministerial and official. 

He will now appoint new lawyers to represent him at the inquiry, which will be funded by the taxpayer.

BBC

Crazy that we have to continue to pay for these lawyers, just because he's upset the original set of lawyers caught him breaking the law and reported him to the police

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, blandy said:

They didn’t. The lawyer’s analysis was passed to the civil service because they are being paid for by the taxpayer. The civil service is obliged to pass on evidence of criminality to the police. If Bunter had paid for the lawyers then no one would be any the wiser.

I love this

Remember this when Jacob Rees Mogg and similar halfwits bang on about cancel culture.

Deliberately excluding experts who have ever criticised government policy, our government takes pride in its ignorance.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

The most pathetic attempt at ramming the gates at Downing Street.

Kia hatchback, wrong car.

No run up.

Stops what little run up there is barely before the gates before ramming them.

Pathetic. May as well not have bothered.

That can't be anything aggressive surely? They're going about 10mph. My money is on someone sheepishly telling the police "Satnav said straight on..."

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Chindie said:

No run up.

Talk is they were either drunk as a skunk or indeed, had some skunk. Weird one though, they've arrested them on dangerous driving but not drink driving so I'm not buying it. 

Apparently came out of the MOD car park too.  Possibly had a brain fart or some other episode (well I suppose it can happen) but I'm not buying that either given the direct line it took towards the gates before slowing down.  It might well be some loon trying to get their claim to fame.  EDIT: Or as Bicks says below and Davkaus says above - due to the bloody SatNav (which is entirely plausible seeing as how many people rely on the things, almost constantly watching them).  

Edited by trekka

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

That can't be anything aggressive surely? They're going about 10mph. My money is on someone sheepishly telling the police "Satnav said straight on..."

Very much this

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chindie said:

No run up.

Maybe it was the sales guy from the dealership delivering Rishi’s new car?

image.jpeg.b2e73b4c04e209e05a34ec362c2e986f.jpeg

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Probably bottled it at the last minute, when he had 4 security officers with MP5s aimed at him.

Counter Terrorism Police would be all over it if that was the case.  They've obviously spoken to him, realised he's a bit dozy, and handed it back to the local Westminster Police. 

Edited by trekka

Â