The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

I think so too, I think she topped the poll because the general public don't really know her that well and she'd had a pop at Truss that day. Nothing more nothing less

She’s another Truss. The only hope the Tories have of steadying the ship is appointing someone safe like Hunt or Sunak, but as you say they’d still get thumped in a general election. If you want safe and sensible why would you vote for them over Starmer?

36 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Everyone's favourite lunatic is at it again

There can be no coronation of previously failed candidates / bring back Boris Johnson because he did so well? How can anyone write that and think it’s ok?

Extra funny that he’s on holiday because “taking the piss” was his main undoing as PM.

Edited by Genie

50 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

She’s another Truss. The only hope the Tories have of steadying the ship is appointing someone safe like Hunt or Sunak, but as you say they’d still get thumped in a general election. If you want safe and sensible why would you vote for them over Starmer?

They're going to get annihilated in the next election, that's guaranteed.

What they should be doing now is bringing in someone to restore a modicum of credibility so they can build for the election after next and not be written off forever more.  They need someone sensible rather than appointing another nutter like Braverman.  

So expect Braverman to be the next PM any day now then.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

How many PMs and different policy agendas have there been since the public gave the tories a Mandate? 2 of the former, and 3 of the latter? Possibly 3 and 4 by the end of the day. They have no mandate for what is going on now. None. General effing election!! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

How many PMs and different policy agendas have there been since the public gave the tories a Mandate? 2 of the former, and 3 of the latter? Possibly 3 and 4 by the end of the day. They have no mandate for what is going on now. None. General effing election!! 

There’s only been one new PM since they won a landslide. Truss is no less legitimate than Brown was when Blair handed over to him in that sense.

I think a second unelected PM would be stretching things a bit far though.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

First Brexit, then BoJo, now Truss… the UK is the laughing stock of the world.

Got to disagree with you there. Saw a piece the other day which explained the various reactions in media around the world to the current circumstances. No one cares. 

Brexit made us irrelevant. Now no one gives a s**t about us as a nation. That's the legacy of all this. Not that we are derided, chastised, sympathised with, or anything else. That we are nothing. That's what breaks my heart. I love this country, and it has become irrelevant. 

Â