The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

20 minutes ago, ender4 said:

WB = Would Bang = I’d like to have sexy time with. 😂🙈

8/10 score rating of bangability.

Well that’s why I’m getting weird photos. I thought it meant “with balls” 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dodgyknees said:

I’m not down with the kids sadly 

Down? Give today's kids a little more credit. I've got a teenage boy, and this stuff would be dinosaur stuff to him. That a discussion about the Tory leadership contest would turned into a lad-forum abbreviations decoding session, well -- count me surprised and not surprised. I always reckon on here this must be Britain's barbarian impulses (or maybe ancient Roman hyper-masculinity?) coming out, and I can say that because my goat-like cock-centric English dad is even worse than you folks.  

But at least democracy itself isn't under assault in the UK, so that's cheerful, right?

41 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Down? Give today's kids a little more credit. I've got a teenage boy, and this stuff would be dinosaur stuff to him. That a discussion about the Tory leadership contest would turned into a lad-forum abbreviations decoding session, well -- count me surprised and not surprised. I always reckon on here this must be Britain's barbarian impulses (or maybe ancient Roman hyper-masculinity?) coming out, and I can say that because my goat-like cock-centric English dad is even worse than you folks.  

But at least democracy itself isn't under assault in the UK, so that's cheerful, right?

I’m going to assume you haven’t seen DHUTWU crop up in any topics on here yet then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, bickster said:

Are you sure about that? We currently have a party in power that illegally prorogued parliament, abuses it's prerogative powers, doesn't follow the ministerial code and has acted illegally so many times it's become their modus operandi

This party also opemly attacks that very important arm of any functioning democracy, the independent judiciary

Democracy may not be being assaulted in the same way as the USA's was at the Jan 6th Insurection but trust me, our democracy is well and truly under attack

I stand corrected, sir. I appreciate your perspective. The attacks on the judiciary are especially worrying. 😞

So the only two of Braverman's supporters that have made public statements about who they now support are Braverman herself and Steve Baker. Baker is probably more influential than Braverman herself but both of them are now supporting Truss which does seemingly start to set up the Truss vs Mordor battle in the final two if the rest of Sue-Ellens supporters follow suit

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

So the only two of Braverman's supporters that have made public statements about who they now support are Braverman herself and Steve Baker. Baker is probably more influential than Braverman herself but both of them are now supporting Truss which does seemingly start to set up the Truss vs Mordor battle in the final two if the rest of Sue-Ellens supporters follow suit

Operation Stop Rishi. 

12 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Operation Stop Rishi. 

Thats definitely happening but I'm unsure why they don't seem to want him to be in the membership vote as every opinion poll done amongst the membership has him being trounced

Here's the results of the YouGov poll on the head to heads

Con%20members%20head%20to%20heads%20poll

If any team should be running dirty tricks, it should be Mordor's Team against Truss' as it's the only matchup where it's possibly remotely interesting. Sunak just isn't going to win in the membership vote. The real battle as such is between Mordor and Truss. Everyone Sunak would stand a chance of beating is already out

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The tv debates are going to be a good idea of who is winning.

I expect everyone to gang up on sunak tonight and that will probably be curtains for him 

I'm not so sure about that Dem, Truss' best chance of eventual victory is her overtaking Mordor with Sunak remaining quite strong. Truss needs a big chunk of the Braverman and Tugendhat votes to surge into second place ahead of Mordor.

I think Truss may well pick up Bravermans votes or enough of them to stay in a firm third place but she really needs to appeal to Tugendhat's voters or at least stop them from going with Mordor. If Badenoch is the final one to leave the race, I think Truss will get those votes

The real battle here is between Truss and Mordor

Just imagine how pissed off the membership will be if they don't get the chance to vote for the candidate the absolute majority of them prefer.

25 minutes ago, bickster said:

Sunak just isn't going to win in the membership vote. The real battle as such is between Mordor and Truss.

Quite. A brown person with a funny foreign name, or a reincarnated fantasy Thatcher? No contest. 

• Like 2

Â