The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

How long can the Teflon coated fat bastard survive now?

Days, weeks, months still?

Hopefully he clings on for about a year.

Part of me wants him out asap.

But I'm quietly enjoying public opinion slowly turning as everyone realises what a massive gobshite he is. If he can cling on to a GE with this trend there's a real chance the Tories will actually lose.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

How long can the Teflon coated fat bastard survive now?

Days, weeks, months still?

I think he’s desperate for all out war between the West and Russia to write his legacy. Then when the country is in ruins he’ll leave.

Imagine how much public money the Tories could move in a war!

Edited by Genie

Bozo narrowly won a vote of no confidence as leader of the Tory Party. The only people who could vote were Tory MP. 

Labour could propose a VONC as the Crime Minister.  All MPs could vote. 

That's an interesting gamble.  

Would Tory MPs vote with Labour?  Or would they unite behind Bozo?  

I don't think the Tories would allow that.  A Crime Minister with a massive majority being forced out by a coalition of Tory/Labour would be an unparalleled disgrace and a historical moment. 

1 minute ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Would Tory MPs vote with Labour?  Or would they unite behind Bozo?  

The second one (with half a dozen exceptions, who would likely have the party whip withdrawn)

The gambit I've seen suggested is that they wait for the standard committee to find against him. That could then trigger a motion to suspend him from the HoC for ten days, and that is something that Tory MPs keen to get rid of him probably could get away with voting for. That in turn results in a recall petition in Uxbridge and South Ruislip and he gets voted out as an MP.

That's the one scenario where I could probably see Johnson resign rather than go through that ignominy. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I can only report what the conservatives (small c) I know say - what do the conservatives you know say?

Do they read the Daily Mail etc by any chance?

13 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

I can only report what the conservatives (small c) I know say - what do the conservatives you know say?

Well for one, I don't live in the UK so I'm not engaging with Conservatives at any level.

Secondly, regardless of what they may say, this is the government criticizing lefty lawyers at every turn and creating culture wars using LGBT and race almost on a weekly basis.

If these apparently 'small c' conservatives view this government as too woke, then I'm not really sure what they want. Executions? Forced deportations? Straights only? whites only?

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

There was nothing narrow about it. It was 59% to 41%

Statistically you are correct.

But when you consider this poll of Tory Party MPs  41% is quite a high figure esp when you consider the question asked "Do you have confidence as Boris Johnson as our leader"  

I don't see how he can ask the country to support him when 40+ % of his own MPs don't.

The Conservatives that I know are still saying that Labour would have been worse/they are all the same anyway. They can't justify it in any logical way, they just trot it out like it's the truth. I tend to stop talking about it at that point as I don't want to fall out with them.

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Well for one, I don't live in the UK so I'm not engaging with Conservatives at any level.

Secondly, regardless of what they may say, this is the government criticizing lefty lawyers at every turn and creating culture wars using LGBT and race almost on a weekly basis.

If these apparently 'small c' conservatives view this government as too woke, then I'm not really sure what they want. Executions? Forced deportations? Straights only? whites only?

Singapore on Thames is what they want - and indeed where we are heading.

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Statistically you are correct.

But when you consider this poll of Tory Party MPs  41% is quite a high figure esp when you consider the question asked "Do you have confidence as Boris Johnson as our leader"  

I don't see how he can ask the country to support him when 40+ % of his own MPs don't.

Seems about standard for both main parties. The idea that a big political party doesn't have significant factions is rather fanciful tbh

A smaller % actually voted for Johnson as leader of the party in the first ballot and even the fifth

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I for one am glad to have committed economic suicide so we can get rid of funny numbers in tunnels

Not just any random idiot, but the Minister for Brexit Oppurtunities.

This is what they've got. Happy fish, and more pleasing measurements on road signs

2 minutes ago, Straggler said:

The Conservatives that I know are still saying that Labour would have been worse/they are all the same anyway. They can't justify it in any logical way, they just trot it out like it's the truth. I tend to stop talking about it at that point as I don't want to fall out with them.

It's child-level dealing with the cognative dissonance. Zero thinking involved.

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Seems about standard for both main parties. The idea that a big political party doesn't have significant factions is rather fanciful tbh

Yes - everyone falls into line if you look like having a decent shot at winning the next election. Both parties have ideals - but then what they present to the electorate is very often a watered version of these ideals

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

There was nothing narrow about it. It was 59% to 41%

That's your perception not mine.  

In my opinion the sample size and what was being sampled is very relevant. 

If Boris won 59% of the total votes in the UK its a massive win. 

Boris won 59% of the votes of Tory MPs. 

If 4 out of 10 colleagues wanted you sacked you would find it hard to portray that as a massive victory. 

The Crime Minister knows that the vast majority of all MPs think he's an idiot.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Not just any random idiot, but the Minister for Brexit Oppurtunities.

This is what they've got. Happy fish, and more pleasing measurements on road signs

I’m gonna predict there would be nothing to stop us changing this if we had remained in the EU.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, choffer said:

It’s a tough one though, isn’t it? So many of us want him gone as soon as possible but the longer he’s in charge, the more likely the conservatives are to lose support. The big “but” though, is how much more damage will he do in the next two years?

IMO, not much more than any of the others in his cabinet

3 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

That's your perception not mine.  

In my opinion the sample size and what was being sampled is very relevant. 

If Boris won 59% of the total votes in the UK its a massive win. 

Boris won 59% of the votes of Tory MPs. 

If 4 out of 10 colleagues wanted you sacked you would find it hard to portray that as a massive victory. 

The Crime Minister knows that the vast majority of all MPs think he's an idiot.  

Its more MPs than voted for him to be leader of the party in the first place

Â