The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Just now, markavfc40 said:

Striking is always a last resort and something workers are driven to. I'd say given what we have seen over the last 12 years with real terms wage cuts on top of real terms wage cuts the tipping point has well and truly now been reached.

Any striker will have my 100% support even if it means me and mine being inconvenienced. This race to the bottom has to stop. 

The thing is mark name me anyone that is happy at the moment with their pay? Most people in the middle pay/poor would probably fall into this catergory so we all should be striking on this basis.

I dont think people are taking into consideration the impact it causes when you do it as extreme as this. Clearly this site is pro-unions. Im not anti protest i just think on this scale its madness

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The thing is mark name me anyone that is happy at the moment with their pay? Most people in the middle pay/poor would probably fall into this catergory so we all should be striking on this basis.

The shareholders.

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

My argument is any more critical that a consultant, teacher or nurse (who the latter is paid significantly less)

Not saying their role isnt critical but the extreme strikes they are doing on this scale is absolutely ridiculous. Its going go cause chaos.

I don’t think comparing railway workers pay to a nurse or teacher is the right way to look at it.

Absolutely nurses and teachers should be paid more. Shouldn’t stop an unrelated industry getting paid more. 

Not that you are suggesting it but an idea of banding entire industries to match others would be mental. 

What is more mental is government blaming the opposition, even if labour had been highly influential when in government it is the the govts responsibility to deal with it.

Use that magic money tree to nationalise the lot, Atleast then there is one place to point the finger at. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

Strike on your days off 😂

I'm going to strike between the hours of 11pm and 7am, every day until my demands are met. In a very sleepy way.

That'll show them. Solidarity forever. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Inconvenience is literally the point of a strike. Otherwise what’s the point?

But you don’t have to strike and inconvenience people, its just selfish.

What you could do, is just accept that your boss earns over half a million, accept that inflation means your getting a pay cut. Then, if you’re good and don’t inconvenience people, they might extend the use of foodbanks so you can save a bit of money on groceries.

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Newsnight tonight

Not sticking up for the MP, it may be that he is lying, but I would not negotiate with someone as arrogant as that union bloke. His way or the highway!

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

They have had more pay increases than teachers and nhs staff. They get screwed far more over than them.So yeah they are not small people.

And what about the other small businesses that this is going to effect? They are the ones i have most sympathy for 

Also what about all the nhs staff that need the tube/train to get to work? Oh i guess we will have to cancel ops again. Brilliant 👏

WTF??

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Reading the last few pages of this thread and the similar discussion in the Labour tread then the over riding impression I get is that many of us on here are pro workers and support them in their endeavours to secure better terms and conditions.

I dont agree

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

You don’t agree that many people on here are pro-workers and support them? 

I think people are only saying this as it doesnt have  a direct impact on them. If you was waiting months for a serious operation and it now been cancelled due to the strikes and now you have to be put on a waiting list again wait even longer now you would not be as sympathetic 

Edited by Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think people are only saying this as it doesnt have  a direct impact on them. If you was waiting months for a serious operation and it now been cancelled due to the strikes and now you have to be put on a waiting list again wait even longer now you would not be as sympathetic 

It's possible to be sympathetic to everyone in this situation.

• Like 2

Â