The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

3 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

He's not. He just doesn't like Johnson. His main gripe was that he didn't like the Covid measures and thought that everything should just be allowed to let rip. 

Being right about Johnson being a c***, doesn't mean he isn't one as well. 

Yep, they're all *****

Not advocating for this (although I don't really blame people for doing so) but how long until the British public 'snap' and start protesting/rioting en masse? I'm a bit surprised it hasn't got to that yet, it just seems like the majority are just tweeting rather than doing something else.

11 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I'm a bit surprised it hasn't got to that yet, it just seems like the majority are just tweeting rather than doing something else.

The majority aren't tweeting - just looking at something political on the internet probably puts someone in the 10% most politically engaged people in the country. 

Someone tweeting about politics probably puts them in the top 2%. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Not advocating for this (although I don't really blame people for doing so) but how long until the British public 'snap' and start protesting/rioting en masse? I'm a bit surprised it hasn't got to that yet, it just seems like the majority are just tweeting rather than doing something else.

They’ve already made protesting illegal so riots is the only option. A warm spell in June should do the trick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

i just can't see it going ahead. and if it does, it won't last long

I'd be massively surprised if any migrants end up in Rwanda. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

The majority aren't tweeting - just looking at something political on the internet probably puts someone in the 10% most politically engaged people in the country. 

Someone tweeting about politics probably puts them in the top 2%. 

I'm just basing it off my own eyes to be fair, without sounding ignorant or anything it just seems that most politicians/people involved with politics these days spend a fair bit of time tweeting things rather than trying to do something that can help. 

13 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Won't happen. Vast majority of people don't care. As long as they get their Deliveroo for lunch and can browse Tik Tok then they're happy. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Won't happen. Vast majority of people don't care. As long as they get their Deliveroo for lunch and can browse Tik Tok then they're happy. 

It's depressing, I live and work in London and even with a lot of my co-workers they don't seem to care so much about doing anything. I can never force them obviously it's their own choice after all, but they only seem to care when it directly impacts their day-to-day.

I don't think I will ever vote Labour but this shower ofvshite mean I cannot vote for them either.

I can see them getting as right canning next month and then BJ will definitely forced out.

Who on earth is the next leader going to be

27 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

I don't think I will ever vote Labour but this shower ofvshite mean I cannot vote for them either.

I can see them getting as right canning next month and then BJ will definitely forced out.

Why, out of interest?

The most hate I ever hear for Boris and the Tories is on here. People know the score (who doesn't) but no one I speak too really gives a *****. I guess in reality, we all realise the country will never be run how we all want it.

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

The most hate I ever hear for Boris and the Tories is on here. People know the score (who doesn't) but no one I speak too really gives a *****. I guess in reality, we all realise the country will never be run how we all want it.

People don’t tend to talk about politics verbally very often.

Online and on TV pretty much everybody is criticising them constantly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

i didn't want to last time as i wasn't a big fan of corbyn either. but it was the only non-tory vote that wouldn't have resulted in me throwing my vote away.

unfortunately the "can't vote for labour" attitude (not digging you out personally) is part of the reason we're in this mess

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

my dad is a staunch tory - he now cannot stand boris

guy at work is also a proud tory - said he would not vote for them in the next election if boris is still in charge

my office by and large detests the current govt (and we're in a very strong tory area)

not one of my close friends are tory voters

i genuinely have not heard anyone verbally defend this government so it does surprise me that you've not heard anything negative aside from this forum

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i didn't want to last time as i wasn't a big fan of corbyn either. but it was the only non-tory vote that wouldn't have resulted in me throwing my vote away.

unfortunately the "can't vote for labour" attitude (not digging you out personally) is part of the reason we're in this mess

Do you think that people might have a reason and that's something that Labour should try and understand.

I haven't voted Tory in the last 3 elections and that's something they need to work on.

7 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Do you think that people might have a reason and that's something that Labour should try and understand.

I haven't voted Tory in the last 3 elections and that's something they need to work on.

The problem is for all the people who would vote for them if they supported the Rwanda project or getting on board with 'benefits scrounger' language they will lose two voters who specifically vote for them as a party they believe will look after the most vulnerable.

I'm not including you in this, but pretty much everyone I've spoken to and heard the 'I'd never vote for Labour' has, after some gentle prodding, turned out to be completely politically illiterate.

• Like 3

Â