The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

9 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

A hospital trust in Yorkshire, which covers six hospitals, has said that patients should only attend their local A&E in “genuine life-threatening situations". This is due to 12 hour waiting times. Suggests you maybe have to think twice if you say break your legs or arms about whether you really should be rocking up to A&E. 

The Tories work is nearly done here isn't it. 12 years setting the NHS up to fail and pushing it to the point that our attachment and love for it is broken.

On Monday night my lad had football training at a local high school 5-6pm. When we arrived there was a pupil and a couple of teachers under a gazebo on the field. 

The pupil had been hurt about 2pm and needed an ambulance, at 6pm he was still lying on the grass waiting. It’s an absolute disgrace.

From what I can tell A&E departments are overrun, the ambulances are parked outside with people in them waiting. A big part of why A&E is overrun is because GP’s are still reluctant to see people in person and 111 telling everyone to go to A&E instead.

As you say, it’s probably all part of the Tory plan to break the NHS to sell it off as an upgrade.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

A hospital trust in Yorkshire, which covers six hospitals, has said that patients should only attend their local A&E in “genuine life-threatening situations". This is due to 12 hour waiting times. Suggests you maybe have to think twice if you say break your legs or arms about whether you really should be rocking up to A&E. 

The Tories work is nearly done here isn't it. 12 years setting the NHS up to fail and pushing it to the point that our attachment and love for it is broken.

They have totally **** the nhs and gp systems up.

But at the same time i think alot of people in the nhs should be held accountable too. There is alot of money wasted on absolute shite. You wouldnt believe what some high level managers do and no one does anything about it

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Genie said:

On Monday night my lad had football training at a local high school 5-6pm. When we arrived there was a pupil and a couple of teachers under a gazebo on the field. 

The pupil had been hurt about 2pm and needed an ambulance, at 6pm he was still lying on the grass waiting. It’s an absolute disgrace.

From what I can tell A&E departments are overrun, the ambulances are parked outside with people in them waiting. A big part of why A&E is overrun is because GP’s are still reluctant to see people in person and 111 telling everyone to go to A&E instead.

As you say, it’s probably all part of the Tory plan to break the NHS to sell it off as an upgrade.

That is terrible about the pupil. I was talking about this to someone the other day and said if you urgently needed to get to A & E you'd probably be better off getting yourself there and someone giving you a lift as by the time an ambulance rocks up it could in some instances be too late.

It is a shocking state of affairs and the Government will try to hide behind covid but be under no illusions the NHS was pretty much running at full capacity pre covid with zero slack. It was never going to take much to tip it over the edge. 

I don't see a way back currently as you need a will to find a way and there is no will with the Tories in power. 

• Like 1

Someone really is trying to get Sunak's popularity in the drain right now.

First we had a few titbits about partygate, then it was his wife having shares in Infosys which was still dealing with RUssia

Yesterday it was the wife's Non-Dom Status

Today we have the double whammy of Sunak being declared a Permanent Resident of the USA whilst Chancellor AND the Family Firm of Sunak's (Non-Dom status) wife were awarded £50mil of Government contracts

It's an amusing thing to behold

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

Someone really is trying to get Sunak's popularity in the drain right now.

First we had a few titbits about partygate, then it was his wife having shares in Infosys which was still dealing with RUssia

Yesterday it was the wife's Non-Dom Status

Today we have the double whammy of Sunak being declared a Permanent Resident of the USA whilst Chancellor AND the Family Firm of Sunak's (Non-Dom status) wife were awarded £50mil of Government contracts

It's an amusing thing to behold

It feels a lot like the tactical leaks that were aimed at Boris a while back.

Someone is holding lots of dirt and drip feeding it to the media.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

It feels a lot like the tactical leaks that were aimed at Boris a while back.

Someone is holding lots of dirt and drip feeding it to the media.

The Tories appear to blaming Labour, they really should look closer to home

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

They have totally **** the nhs and gp systems up.

But at the same time i think alot of people in the nhs should be held accountable too. There is alot of money wasted on absolute shite. You wouldnt believe what some high level managers do and no one does anything about it

Not sure how you’re disguising NHS management from Government policy here.

And to be clear this applies to any government managing the NHS.

Unfortunately a public service cannot pay top dollar, a lot go private and return in consultancy roles. It is a bloated admin structure with too much going to management and not staff. It needs reform on the administration not privatisation. Has any government got the stomach for the mammoth undertaking that requires I don’t know.

Certainly 12 years is enough time to begin a fix and also enough time to move it dangerously close to too damaged to repair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicho said:

Not sure how you’re disguising NHS management from Government policy here.

There's absolutely, like @Demitri_Csays two (or actually 3) problems. Obviously government is a massive one, as you say, but it's also the case that the Trust managers and senior staff are profligate, overpaid and in some instances incompetent bordering on culpably negligent. And the third problem is low level wastage. Stuff like crutches, bandages (still in their sealed wrappings) wheelchairs even - they can't in (cases I personally know) be returned to the hospitals or clinics which issued or lent them out. It's madness and horribly wasteful on multiple levels

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, blandy said:

There's absolutely, like @Demitri_Csays two (or actually 3) problems. Obviously government is a massive one, as you say, but it's also the case that the Trust managers and senior staff are profligate, overpaid and in some instances incompetent bordering on culpably negligent. And the third problem is low level wastage. Stuff like crutches, bandages (still in their sealed wrappings) wheelchairs even - they can't in (cases I personally know) be returned to the hospitals or clinics which issued or lent them out. It's madness and horribly wasteful on multiple levels

Thanks saved me having to type it but yes examples of this.

I will give you another example of a senior nhs manager has been working weekends on bank for years doing a band 4 job but putting the forms in as a band 8 pay as thats their role but regardless of that if your a band 8 if your doing band 4 work then use should be paid a band 4 for that day (did i mention sundays are double pay?) Why has no one grassed this manager? Because their  relative is even more senior and they are scared. There are loads of people like this.

Then the fact that these managers recruit more managers that they dont need instead of helping the lower admin staff who are over worked. They recruit relatives and no does a thing.

Honestly the nhs ia full of corrupt managers (not all but so many it sickens me). Its **** awful.

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I will give you another example of a senior nhs manager has been working weekends on bank for years doing a band 4 job but putting the forms in as a band 8 pay as thats their role but regardless of that if your a band 8 if your doing band 4 work then use should be paid a band 4 for that day (did i mention sundays are double pay?) Why has no one grassed this manager? Because their  relative is even more senior and they are scared. There are loads of people like this.

If you have a real reason to believe this is happening, I'd probably report it to NHS England using the whistleblowing scheme, which I believe you can do anonymously. There may well be arse-covering at the trust level, but it's explicitly against pay rules, they should be paid at the top end of the applicable pay band. Even if you can't prove it, it's the kind of thing there should be a solid papertrail for. 

I've worked in enough places were misunderstandings gave rise to unsubstantiated rumours spreading though, so I'd be inclined to take it with a pinch of salt unless you know more than "so and so said.."

Edited by Davkaus

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

using the whistleblowing scheme

A family friend whistleblew and ended up (due to the actions of the trust execs) in a decade+ long court case (which they won), but it affected their health, their income (obviously) their medical registration and all kinds of horrors. Nearly all the (massive) compo they got went on lawyers fees and as an absolute world expert they are now working in a job for which they are massively over-qualified. The actions of the Trust and execs were genuinely mind-blowingly abhorrent costing millions in their own law costs, plus all the awarded damages - and just because someone exposed bad practice and actions.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

A family friend whistleblew and ended up (due to the actions of the trust execs) in a decade+ long court case (which they won), but it affected their health, their income (obviously) their medical registration and all kinds of horrors. Nearly all the (massive) compo they got went on lawyers fees and as an absolute world expert they are now working in a job for which they are massively over-qualified. The actions of the Trust and execs were genuinely mind-blowingly abhorrent costing millions in their own law costs, plus all the awarded damages - and just because someone exposed bad practice and actions.

I'd only do it if I were to do so anonymously, because I've seen firsthand the lengths that senior NHS managers and trust executives will go to in order to deflect blame, and pin the failings from their culture of unsafe staffing, looking the other way, and incompetence on the lowest band staff member they can.

Even if you're fully in the right, they can make your life a misery. Anonymously though, what's there to lose, especially if it's common knowledge this staffmember is on the fiddle? 

• Like 1

Just an example of how management works in an NHS trust

There's an admin management role on band 4, the person in this role is an absolutely incompetent malcontent who gets all the staffs backs up, causing them to go off sick or put complaints in etc

Does NHS Trust deal with the problem and get rid of the member of staff down the disciplinary route? No. NHS Trust Management decide the best way to approach this is to remove the people that complained about the Band 4 manager and make them responsible to a new Band 5 manager, which is a new role they are creating and the band 5 manager will also be responsible for the band 4 manager. All the staff that didn't make a complaint report to the band 4 manger as before.

Even though those staff aren't strictly part of the band 4 bully's role, that person still has a say and still makes peoples life as difficult as possible

Here's the kicker. The band 4 manager was employed in a completely flawed recruitment process, this process is exactly the same when they employ the band 5 manager and the band 5 manager turns out to be lazy and useless. You now have a lazy get who can't be arsed managing the bully.

The good staff have already left at this point. The flawed recruitment process continues and more useless staff are employed to be bullied

Trust management are happy because complaints have reduced.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If you have a real reason to believe this is happening, I'd probably report it to NHS England using the whistleblowing scheme, which I believe you can do anonymously. There may well be arse-covering at the trust level, but it's explicitly against pay rules, they should be paid at the top end of the applicable pay band. Even if you can't prove it, it's the kind of thing there should be a solid papertrail for. 

I've worked in enough places were misunderstandings gave rise to unsubstantiated rumours spreading though, so I'd be inclined to take it with a pinch of salt unless you know more than "so and so said.."

Its definitely happening dav i wouldnt make this shit up.

Â