The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

11 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I’m genuinely interested to know what our resident Tory voters think about this? How could you consciously vote for these evil bastards? Tell me. 

They will just say it’s a worldwide problem but of course the global economic crisis of 2008 was all Labour’s fault.

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

They will just say it’s a worldwide problem but of course the global economic crisis of 2008 was all Labour’s fault.

Here's their economic performance against a basket of comparable countries, 2010 to 2020:

gross-domestic-product.png

gdp-per-capita-worldbank.png

15 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I’m genuinely interested to know what our resident Tory voters think about this? How could you consciously vote for these evil bastards? Tell me. 

If it’s not them personally suffering, they don’t **** care.

If it is them suffering, money trees are found.

• Like 1

I was chatting to a parent at my lads football last week, she’d mentioned they have 2 other properties that they rent out. 
I said something about it maybe a good time to sell and she said but the capital gains tax will take a bite. 
I said what is it, 10-20%? She said she didn’t know but if Labour ever got it in would be about 50%.
That was some elite level tory voter-ness. I don’t know, but I know it would be worse under Labour.
For added background, both kids in private school.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I was chatting to a parent at my lads football last week, she’d mentioned they have 2 other properties that they rent out. 
I said something about it maybe a good time to sell and she said but the capital gains tax will take a bite. 
I said what is it, 10-20%? She said she didn’t know but if Labour ever got it in would be about 50%.

What kind of a selfish I'm alright Jack attitude is that where by you don't want to risk paying more taxes under another party that will almost certainly be more inclined to use them to help those who desperately need a leg up.

I am not rich by any stretch but I'd happily pay a few more quid in taxes if it goes to those who need a helping hand be it the disabled, elderly, sick or those who have hit on hard times be it in this country or elsewhere. What does grieve me is that taxes have risen dramatically under the Tories and yet they haven't used them to help those who need it most but have done what they always do and continually given those already with the least a good kicking.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Genie said:

That was some elite level tory voter-ness. I don’t know, but I know it would be worse under Labour.
For added background, both kids in private school.

it's 28% on residential property. So 28% of any profit on the sale but you also get a yearly allowance of £12k ish

Everything else is 20%. It's arguably a deterent on getting Landlords to actually sell in the current house price boom, which of course helps keep the house prices rising as it limits the stock available

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

If only he’d lied the the Queen, the public, parliament, broke covid rules, made decisions so bad that it led to the death of thousands of people and duped the country into voting for something which made them all poorer with less prospects he’d be alright.

Edited by Genie

Rishi Sunak has just flown out for a break at his luxury mansion in Santa Monica ( one of his many luxury mansions ) just in case any of us doubted that he gets what those who are having to feed themselves off the scraps from their children's plates are going through.

Edited by markavfc40

18 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Rishi Sunak has just flown out for a break at his luxury mansion in Santa Monica ( one of his many luxury mansions ) just in case any of us doubted that he gets what those who are having to feed themselves off the scraps from their children's plates are going through.

He has a 5 year old VW Golf #inittogether

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

What's going through your head, as an MP,  when you pose for a photo with a gram of coke in it?

I don’t see anything wrong with it, he’s clearly preparing to make a lemon drizzle. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

What's going through your head, as an MP,  when you pose for a photo with a gram of coke in it?

It doesn’t surprise me, so many of them like the clown in Lichfield think they can do or say anything they like and are untouchable.

Countries that have a high tax rate, generally have far superior public services.  Provided the tax burden is fairly apportioned, with those with the most, paying the most, then I’m all in favour of higher taxes. The alternative is what we are seeing more and more of now. The rich getting richer, and the poor staring at destitution.

• Like 1

The measure of a functioning democracy should be the satisfaction its citizens feel when paying their taxes.

In a really well functioning democracy we should be proud to pay the taxes that pay for the things we voted for.

• Like 4

I want my taxes to make it 18 minutes quicker to get from Birmingham to London and then once in London I’d like a new £20 Billion tube line that gets me to within walking distance of the refurbishment of the Palace of Westminster. 

• Haha 3

Â